𝟎𝟑𝟓. 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒐, 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

Chloe's POV

𝐉𝐎𝐒𝐇 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐌 to turn me around and once I begrudgingly met his gaze, I peaked Olivia pacing away from the both of us.

"Sorry to rain on your parade Josh I think I scared off your date." I said bitterly and he huffed before turning around to an empty hallway.

"God where'd she go - "

"Probably to find you two a motel room, here take the malt drinks with you - you don't wanna lose any stamina" I retorted. The anger in me was so visceral that I didn't care how dramatic I was coming off.

"Okay Chloe please please listen to me, I'm so sorry! I swear to God Chloe that wasn't anything and nothing else happened apart from what you just saw - and I didn't see it coming! We were just talking and out of nowhere she kissed me."

"And what were you two kids chatting about, huh?" I spat, and I watched Josh's sorrowful expression turn even guiltier.

"Let me take a quick guess then - you were ranting about how I'm the worst from the fight we had, I was in the wrong for expecting anything to happen between you two! And Olivia must've been emotional as well as she would've told you about how she's still hung up over Ethan...and then Chloe the villain entered the frame and ruined your moment - "

"It was a mistake! I am so, so sorry Chloe and you were right, see! I assumed I was right about everything when there was no reason to, I don't - I don't know why I refused to see it but you were right and I-I won't even talk to her anymore." he responded and it instinctually made me roll my eyes; that's not what I needed to hear.

"You guys are the leads of the show are you kidding me, and you're best friends at the end of the day...don't just say shit you think will make me happy. I'm barely mad at her right now" I added and he looked at me with confused eyes.

"I don't care that I was right don't you fucking get it?! It's not even the kiss I'm mad about...I guess I am maybe I don't fucking know - well not that I condone it - but I understand why it would've happened - from Olivia's point of view," I began and Josh's body language was so nervous and fidgety, "I get why she was kissing you even though it's fucked up...but I was standing there for a few seconds out of pure fucking shock, but you didn't pull away until I spoke. Wh-were you really that mad at me or - "

"No of course not!" he yelled back, I could see he was trying so hard not to let his desire to cry get the best of him, and neither was I. I wanted to be strong.

"Then maybe I'll tell you why you refused to see it, because I don't even think you realise how you had been waiting for me to screw things up for us." I answered. I mentally punched myself for letting my voice crack, and that falter in my voice made Josh flinch.

"You were waiting for something like this to happen or maybe you weren't, but when you heard my concerns you lashed out - out of fear and anger. You gaslighted me...god I knew I should've talked to Olivia first" I then mumbled angrily and I watched him bite his lip and look away. He knew I was right, but neither of us wanted me to be.

We were both just standing there. He was clenching and unclenching his fists and looking at me from time to time, but he saw my heartbroken face and couldn't deal with the fact that he was the reason for it. It's like he regretted looking at me every time.

"God I'm sorry w-we were so great, everyone thought we were so lucky and I was so - so happy that we finally were together again and now it...I don't know what to say, other than I'm so sorry Chloe. That wasn't supposed to happen, I was not thinking 'til it was too late." he replied softly. My teeth were gritted together as another attempt to not get emotional; I agreed with his former sentence wholeheartedly.