𝟎𝟏𝟎. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒚

Chloe's POV

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 so many friends though," Jane said as she walked over to me. I was expressing my doubts to my Godmother about this dinner even though I didn't get into why. She then stood beside me as I observed my reflection.

"You look amazing hun" she encouraged as she held onto my shoulders. I adjusted my overalls and smiled weakly.

"Are you nervous because there's a boy involved?" she teased and I groaned before pushing her away. This woman was relentless. Jane laughed and walked away from me but I felt some word vomit coming; I hated talking about boy troubles these days but I longed for some advice.

"Well actually - you're not completely wrong this time..." I mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear. I looed at her and her eyes widened with a grin. But as she saw my anxious face, she calmed down and walked over to me.

"Okay come on you can talk to me about these things, I had more boy troubles than this when I was your age," she offered and I breathed in. I didn't really talk to anyone, but I knew it would help.

"Right um...what if there's a boy from my past that I'm talking to again, but there's someone else now...but even he seems confused about what to do" I said with my eyes closed. I didn't know what to expect.

"That's a tough one hun, but I think you should just...give him some time. If you really want something to happen, you can wait and see how he feels. Is he worth that?" she asked quietly and I pondered her words.

"Yeah. Always has been. But the other girl is really nice though," I replied shortly and she squeezed my shoulders again.

"Well of course he's allowed to like whomever he wants, and if he liked you he has amazing taste" she said and I laughed under my breath. "But just protect your heart for a bit until you're ready to tell him how you feel" she added.

I didn't want to mention that I already said I 'made a mistake' to him, mostly because I already regretted it since he still hadn't said anything back. I simply nodded in agreement.

____________

GROUP CHAT

_____________
Wildcats be Wild HOES 🤠

frankie - beyoncé 👸🏽
sofia - smylie wylie ☺️
chloe - tiny dancer 🕺🏼
julia - act 2 power ballad 🎵
joshua - baby kangaroo 🥺
olivia - oblivia 🥵
larry - sappy tapper 👞
dara - ghost hunter 💀
matt - chad 🤡

tiny dancer 🕺🏼
okayy i've started i'll be there in 20
don't eat without me

beyoncé 👸🏽
dw josh and liv are again
taking forever to get ready.
probs fixing josh's hair 🙄

I pressed my fingers against my phone as I imagined what that could mean. I then took a deep breath and remembered what Jane said. He can like whomever he wants, just protect yourself.

tiny dancer 🕺🏼
my hair is a fucking mess my baby
hairs are coming out to play
they need to be cancelled 🤧

act 2 power ballad 🎵
what's stopping you?
that's some cancel culture I like

tiny dancer 🕺🏼
y'know that laziness in me
that inability to give a shit

act 2 power ballad 🎵
i feel you sis
okay putting on my birkens
see you at big daddy's xx