𝟎𝟐𝟓. 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐

Josh's POV

𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐁𝐄𝐑 to Sofia's house after we both realised neither of us were fit to drive. As soon as we got out I texted Sofia that we arrived before grabbing Chloe's hand and we headed up the building.

"Jesus Josh I know you love your guitar more than anything but could you please not make me run" she said cynically and I rolled my eyes.

"Well not more than anything " I replied quietly. I glanced over to her for her reaction but she didn't even seem to hear that, she was more focused on not hating this jog. I mentally cringed at myself since we hadn't discussed saying that at all, but soon enough we were at the apartment door.

I took a deep breath and opened the door before looking back to Chloe; her face expressed how much she was judging me for my weird behaviour.

'SURPRISE!!!" we heard everyone yell and Chloe screamed from fright before embarrassingly placing her hands on her mouth. I laughed at her shrill outburst, as did everyone else. I then took my phone out to record this as plenty of the group also were recording this.

"Happy birthday Chloe!" we then heard Dara yell before the rest chorused the same thing. Chloe's mouth stayed apart in shock as she then took a moment to observe the set up they all worked on. I mean it was all from my ideas but still.

There were white and pink balloons set up around the kitchen and dining area as well as a line of fairy lights encapsulating the whole area. Peonies were also tied with the balloons as well as the centrepieces on all the tables. Her hands were on her heart before she finally spoke.

"I can't believe - I'm - how did you guys even know?" she then yelled and everyone giggled before Frankie pointed at me. I bit my lip when she turned to me with glaring eyes and I put my hands up for protection.

"Hey come on - I know you hate birthdays because your family wasn't there but...I thought maybe we could all be your chosen family so we could celebrate with you" I replied. I watched eagerly to see how Chloe would react, but the next thing I knew she placed her hands on her face and started tearing up. I gasped before hugging her - my instinct was feeling guilty - I didn't want her to relive all her awful birthdays from this. But the rest of them were laughing and 'awwing.'

"Joshua look what you made her do - I can't believe you guys are filming this breakdown!" Frankie lectured like he was Mama bear, whilst he secretly placed his own phone down and the group heckled him. The rest then came up to us and tried to console her but then we heard her start laughing through her cries.

"No no you guys of course I'm not upset - I just can't believe you guys went through all this trouble for me and clearly I don't know how to process that" she added and we all laughed with her.

"Well we do love you, and when Josh told us that you didn't want to celebrate your 18th birthday we were basically insulted, so instead he planned this whole thing for you" Sofia said as she rubbed Chloe's back.

Chloe looked up to me with a thoughtful smile and I proceeded to wipe her tears whilst chuckling, she also wiped her face clean before groaning.

"Oh God I can't believe my ugly crying face is gonna be on your stories" she complained whilst looking into the camera. I laughed and gave her a sympathetic smile before kissing the top of her head. That action made Dara gasp.

"Now what happened with you guys while we were stuck here setting everything up" she asked adamantly, but she smirked to let us know she was merely joking. Chloe and I looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Coco look - we got you a cake it just got here!" I then yelled to divert the conversation and there was a mixture of laughs and groans, but we all migrated to the dining room table.