𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚

Chloe's POV

"𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 that serious though I just freaked out b-but Mom just told me to say that she's in good care, just a fracture" he quickly added. I then sighed with relief and rubbed small circles on his leg. He watched the circles I was making and it also seemed to calm him down.

"Oh thank God, I'm so sorry Josh especially since you can't be with her, but at least we know she'll be okay" I said reassuringly. His head was now on the pillow and he was staring at the ceiling, it was easy to see how much his mind was spinning. I then started thinking about my relationship with Hannah and how much I cared for her, and something inside me urged me to tell him.

"You know Hannah was a huge part of my life when she babysat for me, she was so unbelievably understanding and hilarious...I told her all my secrets" I then added with a sheepish smile. Josh then cracked a smile before turning over to face me.

"Oh yeah, I told her some secrets too" he added mischievously.

"She truly was the best at helping me...which is why she was the first person I told - that I liked you" I confessed with my palms against my cheeks. Josh's smile grew before he sat up and shuffled closer to me.

"Well welcome to the club," he hinted and I looked at him with surprise, "it was the weekend after we hung out during detention, you know it was her idea for me to write you a song for Homecoming" he admitted and I aww'd loudly and he laughed it off.

"Nah, I still have you beat my guy" I said mysteriously. He looked at me with furrowed brows and I felt my heart race with my next words. This was the first time I was telling him this, how?

"I told her...in sixth grade" I said quietly and I was almost not looking at him. His mouth slowly went wider as he thought about it for a moment.

"Oh my fucking god of course, Maya's party" he announced and I nodded slowly. My first co-ed party, the first time I spent a whole night with Josh, my first game of spin the bottle, my first kiss.

"I'm so stupid, I didn't - know. God I wish you would've told me" he then sadly. I smiled whilst my brows knitted together as to why he seemed so affected by that: he liked someone else at the time. I had never mentioned it when we dated either because that's how I thought it had always been.

"Well I couldn't, I mean it took me three years to confess so we could date and besides you fucking dated mini It girl, Heather Spencer'" I said in a sing-songy tone. At the time I could never see what she had that everyone was obsessed with but I guess that was the point. And Josh obviously was the lucky one who dated one of the prettiest girls at Lincoln Middle School.

"Right..." he said shortly. "So did Hannah help you in any way?" he then asked with a cheeky grin and I rolled my eyes. God I was going to embarrass myself. I was going to regret this but my drunken nature really did love some impulsive honesty.

"You know how I first started bringing you Milo everyday, I wore blue all the time, and I asked you to help me learn the guitar..." I asked nervously, but I got butterflies as when he taught me the guitar again in high school - it was our first real kiss. He then sighed with content and his head backed away almost to see it all in perspective.

"Hannah always knew what she was talking about" he then said as he looked away smiling. We both felt so much joy remembering how she was our middle-man for a moment; the fact that she knew about our whole story was crazy.

"I mean it obviously didn't work then, but hey I tried," I joked. Josh looked at me but it was as if he was having a conversation in his head, he was contemplating a reply but he didn't want to tell me something.