Children and Injuries (Ricken)

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist making a Ricken one! He's just so adorable!!)

Reader Point of View

"Hey (y/n)! Wanna pair up in the next battle?" "Sorry, I already promised Ricken I would pair up with him." Conversations like that happened a lot recently. I had just joined the Shepherds about a week ago, but I had already found a best friend. A certain Mage named Ricken. The moment I laid eyes on him, I just knew that we would be the perfect partners. "Oh you did? That's alright. I'll go ask someone else." Was usually the kind of replies I got, but I swear I've heard people whispering behind my back saying things like, 'Oh, what a surprise' or 'Not like you care about anyone else'.

Besides Ricken, the only other people I'm close to are Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick, but mostly Lissa. We would talk about everything together, and we never kept secrets from each other. She was the only person I had ever told about the whispers, and she's the only person that knows today. She can definitely keep a secret, which is why I'm so confused that I don't want to tell her about one of my most recent secrets! I mean, I know for one-hundred-percent certain that she wouldn't tell anyone, but I don't know if I want even her to know this...

"Come on (y/n), Ricken is waiting for you! We're about to start the battle!" I heard Chrom yell inside my tent. "Okay!" I shouted back. I sighed and put my Mage uniform on. I quickly grabbed a few spell tomes and ran outside to where Ricken was waiting. "Ready little-bit?" I asked in a joking way. Ricken slightly glared but then laughed. "You're lucky you're my best friend." He told me, causing me to laugh as well. "Stop goofing off you lovebirds! We have work to do!" Frederick said with a slight teasing smile. Ricken and I both blushed. "Frederick! He's my best friend, not my boyfriend!" I said causing Frederick to chuckle before heading off with his horse.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I squeal-shouted as I knelt to the ground. Tears formed in my eyes. "Ricken... I'm so sorry..." I accidentally hit Ricken with my Thunder spell and now he's laying unconscious on the ground. I pulled him into my lap and hugged him gently. Luckily, the fighting was mostly over, so we didn't have anyone trying to take us out. After sitting for a long while, he slowly began to gain consciousness. My eyes widened and his started to open. "Ricken...?" I asked, hoping for a reply. "(Y-y/n)...?" He asked back. I smiled slightly. "Yeah... How are you feeling?" I asked him. He started to try to force himself up, but he failed. "Be careful little-bit, don't overwork yourself." I gently pulled him onto my back and carried him back to the tents.

When we got back to camp, I helped Ricken into his bed. "Oh Ricken... I'm so stupid... I've only been with you for a week or so and I've already hurt you..." I teared up again and laid my head down by Ricken's. He weakly smiled and wiped my tears away. "Don't worry (y/n)... I'll be fine... I promise..." I stayed with him until he fell asleep. When he finally did, I sadly left the tent. But as soon as I got out, I was met by none other than Captain Chrom. "(Y/n), why on earth did you leave!? Everyone is worried sick about you! And also, is Ricken with you? You two didn't sneak off to do anything grown up did you?" He questioned me. "I-I..." That was all I could get about before I hugged Chrom tightly and bust into tears.

"Lissa, quickly! Get in there and help Ricken!" Chrom commanded his little sister. "I'll help." I said, but Chrom shook his head. "I don't think that would be a good idea. If anything serious has happened, I don't want you to be in there when we find out. Trust me, if you cry, Ricken will be even more worried than he already is. Please, stay with Frederick." He told me. I sighed, but I knew better than to question Chrom. I slowly walked to Frederick's tent and stayed in there for a while. I eventually fell asleep, but my dreams weren't any good either. I dreamt about the moment I hurt him... And all the possible bad things that could happen... Oh, what a terrible day...

I felt something gently shaking me awake. I opened my eyes to see Lissa with a smile on her face. "Lissa?" I said with a yawn. "Yup!" She smiled. "I have news for you! Ricken is doing fine! He'll be better in no time!" Lissa giggled. My eyes widened and I smiled brightly. "He's going to be okay?" I asked. Lissa smiled and nodded. "Uh huh! Then you can finally tell him about your feelings for him!" I giggled. "Yeah! I can finally tell him- wait what!?" My eyes widened as Lissa started laughing. "H-how did you know!?" I questioned her. She stopped laughing and smiled. "(Y/n), I'm your best friend. I know pretty much everything about you." I smiled slightly. "Yeah, you are... I'm so sorry for not telling you..." I apologized. She smiled. "No big deal! I know it must have been awkward, so I'll let it go."

A few weeks later, Ricken was finally able to take care of himself properly again, but Chrom still refused to let him battle. "I can't risk you getting hurt again before you're completely healed." He said. "Aww, but Captain, I can fight! Just let me at them! I'm not a little kid!" Chrom shook his head then looked at me. "(Y/n), do you think you could look after Ricken while we're away?" He asked. I wanted to say yes right off the bat, but I'd rather let Ricken choose. "I think Ricken should decide..." I said looking down at the floor." Chrom then looked back at Ricken. "What do you say Ricken? Can (y/n) help you while we're gone?" Ricken blushed slightly and looked down. "Sure..." He said. I get the feeling this will be rather awkward.

Ricken and I spent most of the time in silence. We barely even looked at each other. Ya know how I said it would be rather awkward? No, it was VERY awkward. Mostly what I had to do was go with him everywhere and make sure nothing happened to him, which nothing ever did. Eventually, the silence got way to unsettling, so I had to break it. "R-Ricken? May I tell you something?" I asked, my face a deep shade of pink. Ricken turned to look at me. "Of course you can! We're best friends, remember?" He told me with a smile, making me feel better yet worse at the same time. Better, because he isn't mad at me. Worse, because what if telling him my feelings means ruining that friendship?

"(y/n), is something wrong? You've been staring into nothing for a long time now..." Ricken's voice snapped me out o my thoughts and darkened my cheeks more. "Y-yeah... I'm fine..." I told him. "Just promise me... When I tell you this, it won't ruin our friendship?" Ricken's face became one of shock and hurt. "Y-you don't honestly think I would stop being friends with you... Do you?" He looked down and I saw the sadness on his features. I just wanted to run over to him and wrap him in a right hug. "No! Never Ricken! I just... Though it would be awkward for you if you knew I'm in love with you..." I told him. His eyes lit up and his cheeks turned red.

"You... You're in love with me?" Ricken asked. I blushed and nodded. "Yeah... Which is why I got so clumsy on the battle field! I'm so sorry about hurting you! I-" I felt him press his lips against mine gently. My blush deepened again and I kissed back. When we pulled away, we were both smiling brightly. "Ricken I-I love you! I love you more than you could ever imagine!" I said. "And I love you too (y/n)." He said. "I guess I can't leave you two alone can I?" We heard a voice say. We both quickly turned to see Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick. My eyes widened. "C-Chrom!" He smirked. "Congrats on becoming a couple." He said as they all left Ricken and I blushing like strawberries.