Shivering (Luthier)

(A/N: Hey, everyone! So, I know I still have some requests before this one, but I requested a story from the person who requested this one! Check out https://www.wattpad.com/user/gothicass 's one-shots!

Also, sorry it took so long! I changed my idea entirely part way through, because my original one just didn't work out... I was a bit afraid it would end up being short, but it's actually one if my longer ones! Next up is most likely going to be Tobin!)

Reader Point of View

"It's so cold..." I whispered to myself, bringing my arms up to wrap them tightly around me. It had definitely been colder before, but that didn't change the fact that it was still cold enough to be a bother, as Alm's army of sorts made our way to wherever we would be staying for the night. It didn't help that it was already fairly dark, making it even chillier than it had been, earlier in that same day. I couldn't help but hope that we would be staying somewhere inside, rather than setting up a camp for the night, but there was really no way of knowing what the day would bring and where we would end up by the time we stopped for bed. "(Y/n)?" A voice suddenly called, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see deep brown eyes, filled with concern, staring into my own (e/c) eyes. "Oh, hey, Luthier..." I replied with a bit of an awkward laugh, rather embarrassed that he had seemed to notice my discomfort. "Something wrong?" I questioned.

The orange-haired mage furrowed his brows a bit, as the two of us slightly fell back from the rest of the group. "I should be asking you that." Luthier spoke. "I'm sometimes not the best at reading people, but I'm assuming that the weather bothering you?" He asked, causing me to quickly shake my head. "No, no, I'm fine." I lied, giving the man the best fake smile that I could manage. "As soon as we get where we'll be staying, I'll be even better." I added. Luthier let out a light sigh. "I do not wish to argue, despite not believing what you are claiming, but..." He paused, looking away. "If you would like to, you could-" "Everyone, let's set up camp here, for the night." Alm's voice cut in, interrupting our conversation. I let out a light huff of frustration, before turning back to Luthier. "Anyway, what were you saying?" I asked, though I was now a bit distracted by the fact that we, of course, would be staying outside. Luthier cleared his throat, his ears seeming to be a bit red from the cold, as he shook his head. "It was nothing. Do not worry about it." He said.

I wasn't sure what to think about Luthier's response, but I decided to let it go. After all, if it had been important, he would have told me. With a sigh, I looked around at our camp for the night. "I guess we'd better go claim our spots." I said, once again shivering a bit from the cold. It didn't help that my outfit was similar in style to Clair's, though a bit less frilly, a bit more armored, and (f/c). I walked to a spot that looked to be fairly flat and smooth, and I sat what few things I had brought with me down to claim it. It didn't take long for me to be joined by a young, female mage. "Hey, (y/n)! I'm gonna join you, if that's cool with you!" Delthea exclaimed, before quickly preparing her stuff beside mine. I gave the girl a smile and a nod, knowing that even if it had bothered me, I wouldn't have been able to talk her out of it.

While Delthea, several others, I got our things set up, a few other people began working on preparing a fire so that they could start dinner for everyone. The warmth of the fire, despite being rather small, was still very nice. I let out a soft sigh, as I stared at it, once again wrapping my arms around myself in an attempt to get just a bit warmer. Delthea glanced at me, though didn't question my actions. "So, (y/n), I saw you talking to my brother, earlier. It's great to see that he's finally making friends!" She said, smiling. "After all, Lu can kinda be a clueless dummy at times. I wasn't sure he would ever make any friends." She said. I let out a light laugh. "I wouldn't say he's a clueless dummy... Just a bit awkward at times..." I softly said, thinking to myself about the older mage's personality. Yes, he's awkward and a bit overwhelming at times, but he's also very kind and caring. He's also rather handsome, as well...