Misunderstandings (Henry)

Reader Point of View

I stared at the usually cheerful dark mage, Henry, who seemed a lot less cheerful lately. He would probably never admit it, but something was definitely wrong. I walked over to him and sat down. "Henry, please. Tell me what happened..." I pleaded. He grinned. "You're crazy! What do you mean by 'what happened'?" He asked me, causing me to sigh. "I can tell something is wrong. You've been acting weird lately, and I'm worried..." I replied, causing him to glance away, but only for a second. "Well, I have to be honest. I don't lie." He started. "There is definitely something happening that I don't exactly like, but I'd rather not talk about that. K?" He asked me with his goofy grin. I sighed. Well, at least he admitted it.

Henry walked me back to my tent after a while. It was getting late. I smiled sadly at him, and he showed me his well-known grin. "Hey, why so sad?" He asked. I glared slightly at him, not to be rude. "You still haven't told me what's wrong." I replied. He laughed. "Then it must not be anything... Too... Important..." He said and stopped laughing. "You wouldn't want to know. In fact, you may even laugh!" He laughed again, but that time it was quite obviously fake. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Henry, I really care about you. Much more than you may think. Please, tell me what's bothering you, my favorite dark mage..." I said, hugging him with a light blush. He hugged back, also blushing lightly and smiled softly, not his usual grin, but at least this one is real. "(Y/n)... You're very sweet, and I'm sorry to worry you..." He kissed my hand before walking out, leaving me tomato red.

The next morning at breakfast, Henry was nowhere to be found. I sighed. Standing up, I fixed breakfast for Henry and carried it to his tent. "Henry?" I called as I walked in, but soon became silent as I heard soft snores. I looked in to see Henry asleep at a table in his room, a book in front of him. He had a pen under his hand and didn't look very comfortable. I giggled quietly at the cute sight. But curiosity got the best of me when I saw my name out of the corner of my eye. I looked at the book to see what had been written.

I can't believe it. I'm in love! She could never love me back, unfortunately. But no matter what, I'll love her with every ounce of my blood until I die. Ooh! I wonder when that'll be! Anyway, I'm planning on telling her, just not now. Oh (y/n), I love you!

I blushed deeply as I read what the dark mage had written. He loves me? Oh that makes me so happy! But, how do I tell him I love him back? Should I tell him I accidentally read his journal? Then he may not trust me! I blushed and sat his breakfast down on the table and picked up the sleeping boy (hey, I'm not weak just because I'm a girl! And he isn't all that heavy.) and gently laid him down on his bed. I kissed his forehead and smiled. "Goodnight- er- morning, my sweet mage." I pulled his blankets over him gently and walked to my tent. A while later, I heard footsteps enter. Turning, I saw a sleepy-looking Henry.

Henry walked over to my bed and sat down. I looked at him, a bit confused, and sat next to him. He refused to meet my gaze, and kept staring at the floor. "(Y/n)... Did you bring me my breakfast this morning...?" He asked, blushing. I blushed as well. "Y-yeah... Why?" I replied. He finally looked at me. "My journal... Did you... See it?" He wasn't smiling, but he didn't look angry. He looked sad, like what he wrote in his journal would ruin his life if anyone saw it. But, I couldn't lie. Not to Henry. So I kissed him instead. His eyes widen and he turned bright red. Disappointed that he didn't kiss back, I pulled away. "Yes... I saw your journal... But I guess I took it the wrong way..." I stood and walked out, tears spilling down my red cheeks.

I walked through camp alone as I tried to clear my head of what happened. My cheeks, still pink, still stained with tears. It was little Ricken who found me, sitting by a lake, crying again as I still couldn't get the picture to go away. "(Y/n)! I found you!" The adorable mage came running to me. "Henry and I have been looking for you! He said that he needs to talk to you!" He said, wiping my tears with his sleeves. "H-he's looking for me?" I asked, my voice a bit shaky from crying. The boy nodded. "Yup! He said he has to tell you something he hasn't been able to yet!" I smiled slightly and kisses the young mage's head. "Thanks sweetie." He blushed and nodded quickly. "You're welcome!" He said and dashed off.

I stood from my spot on the ground and walked to Henry's tent, where I yet again found the dark mage at the table, but not asleep this time. His face was stained with tears just like mine, which was something I had never seen him like before. "Oh Henry..." I said, causing him to jump and look at me. "(Y/n)!" He cried and pulled me into a right hug. "I love you (y/n)! The reason I didn't kiss back is because I was shocked that you returned my feelings..." He blushed. "So, umm..." That grin started peaking its way out slowly. "Wanna try that kiss again...?" He asked. I couldn't help but grin and nod. He picked me up and kissed me, spinning me around in the air before he sat me down. "Then, we're totally a couple, right?" He asked. I grinned and nodded. "Definitely!"