A Stolen Heart (Marth)

(A/n): Sorry I'm not updating much! Another thing, I lost my request sheets, so if I accidentally skip a request, please tell me! Sorry!

Reader Point of View

"Lady (y/n), wake up. Today is an important day, remember?" I slowly opened my eyes to see my butler at the side of my bed. "Just a few more minutes, please..." I mumbled, rolling over. The butler sighed, grabbing my blankets and quickly pulling them off. I sat up immediately. "I'm awake!" I shouted, causing the butler to chuckle softly. "Lady (y/n), today is the day you meet the man you are to marry." He said. I sighed and stood up. "Yes, I'm aware." I said. My butler handed me a perfectly folded (f/c) dress before walking out of my room so that I could change.

Once I had finished changing, my maid came into my room to do my hair. "Why must I be so formal just because I'm meeting the man I'm being forced to marry?" I asked. "Shouldn't he see me how I normally am? You know, the real me?" I continued. The maid sighed as she continued with my hair. "To be completely honest, I agree. But I can't disobey the king's orders, and you know that!" She explained. I nodded, and she huffed a bit. "Stay still so I don't have to start over!" "Heh... Oops, sorry..."

After my hair was done in a perfect (favorite hairstyle), my father, the king, led me outside, followed by the maid and butler. When we got out there, there was a young man with dark hair and eyes. He was very handsome, but there was something about him that just seemed... Off. "(Y/n), this is Lord Dominic ((I needed a name)), prince of a very powerful kingdom." My father told me. He bowed, and I curtsied a bit. When Lord Dominic stood up, he smiled at me. It seemed sincere enough, but I still felt like something was wrong. "Hello, Lady (y/n). It's a pleasure to meet you." He said. I nodded a bit. "It it a pleasure to meet you, as well." I said, quietly. Lord Dominic kneeled down and gently took my hand, placing a soft kiss on it. I gave my father a nervous glance, but he pretended not to notice.

Father wanted to make sure that Lord Dominic and I would get close, so he immediately sent us off on a 'mission'. He sent us to the market to buy some things together. As we were buying from the fruit section, I suddenly heard the store owner yelling. "Thief! Thief! Pay for those oranges right now!" I was going to walk away to avoid the problem, but when I turned to Lord Dominic, I noticed that he was running as fast as he could, a bag full of oranges in his hand. My eyes widened. I knew something was off about him! "Lord Dominic! Get back here!" I yelled. I started chasing him, but before I knew it, Lord Dominic was on the ground. A young man with blue hair and eyes was standing over him, holding the bag of oranges.

I quickly ran over to the two. "Lord Dominic, I can't believe you would steal from the market like that!!" I yelled. "My father will hear about this!" I said. Lord Dominic glared. "As if he would believe you! We will be married, and nothing will change that fact!" He said as he got up and ran back towards the castle. I sighed and looked up at the other man. He was very handsome, more so than Lord Dominic even. "I-I'm sorry you had to get involved in that..." I said, blushing lightly. He shook his head. "It was not your fault, milady." He said, giving me a warm smile. "But if you don't mind me asking, who was he?" The man asked. I sighed. "He's the prince that my father is forcing me to marry... I met him this morning..." I admitted, looking away.

The man turned his gaze away. "Oh, I see..." He said. "But, may I ask why you're in a forced marriage?" He questioned. I sighed and nodded. "My father is the king, and he wants me to marry a prince. He wants our kingdom to work with another kingdom. That's where Dominic comes in. Father wants me to marry him just because he's the prince of a very powerful kingdom. Obviously he's not a good person, though..." I explained. He nodded slowly. "I see... I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Marth, Prince of Altea." He introduced. My eyes widened. "Prince Marth!? As in, THE Prince Marth!?" I questioned, feeling stupid that I hadn't realized it yet. The man chuckled softly and nodded, bowing. "Yes, THE Prince Marth." He confirmed. I curtsied in return and smiled awkwardly, embarrassed that I hadn't realized who he was.

After a while, Marth and I brought the oranges back to the store owner. "Oh, thank you both very much!" He said, smiling. "You're quite welcome." I said, smiling. Marth nodded in agreement. "By the way..." The man started. "Are you Princess (y/n) and Prince Marth?" He asked. I blinked, surprised that he would know who I was. "Why, yes, we are." I replied. The man smiled. "I heard that you were getting engaged, Lady (y/n). Is Lord Marth the lucky man?" He questioned. My eyes widened and I blushed lightly. "N-no! We actually just met when he stopped Prince- er- the thief from stealing the oranges!" I explained. The man laughed lightly. "I see. Anyway, thank you both again for returning the oranges." He thanked once more before we turned to leave.

Lord Marth and I walked in a bit of an awkward silence for a while, before Lord Marth broke the silence. "So, do you think your father will let you out of your engagement because of this?" He asked. I sighed. "I hope so... But I doubt it. He wants me to marry a prince, and Lord Dominic is the one he chose for me. Who knows how long it will take before he can find another prince who is willing to marry a girl he barely knows?" I said. "Y-yes, I suppose you have a point..." He mumbled. I turned to look at him. "Lord Marth, is something wrong?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head. "No, nothing is wrong..." He replied. I sighed. "I can tell that's not true." I said. "Come on, you can tell me." He looked away from me, his cheeks dusted a light pink. "Do you believe in love at first sight?" He asked. I blushed lightly as well. "Well, I never have before, but after today I do..." I replied. "Why? Mmph-" I was cut off by a soft pair of lips pressing against mine. My eyes widened as I realized what was happening. However, I closed them and kissed the prince back. The prince thay barely knew me. The prince that my father absolutely had to meet. After a while, we pulled away slowly. We smiled a bit shyly at each other. I mean, after all, we did just kiss each other the day we met. Lord Marth gently lifted my chin so I could look him in the eyes. "Lady (y/n), I... I love you already..." He whispered. I blushed and smiled. "I love you, too, Lord Marth..."