Winter Weather (Frederick)

(Ok, I know I skipped a few, but I wanted to get this one done for a friend because she made one for me as well! And don't worry, I will get the others done as well. I hope you like it!)

Reader Point of View

I hummed quietly as we walked through the woods on the way to our next battle. It was a cold day, so I was trying to stay close to the middle of the group as best I could. I was in between Lissa and Ricken, practically huddled with them as we walked. "How much longer Chrom...?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly. He sighed. "Not too much farther. We should be getting close." I shivered as I continued walking. "Hey Ricken, you think you could conjure up some fire for us?" I asked, earning a slight glare from Frederick. "Absolutely not. Save the spells for the battle." I sighed and glanced at Lissa who gave a slight pout. "But Frederick, we're cold!" She pleaded. He shook his head. "It's too dangerous. Now keep going."

When we finally arrived, we all got our gear ready. I pulled out my sword and swung a few times to make sure I was ready. "Let's get this over with..." I sighed slightly as I walked through the cold. Frederick saw me as I walked past. "(Y/n)?" I turned my head to face him. "Yes?" He sighed. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just didn't want to risk anyone getting hurt." He glanced away. I smiled slightly. "I understand... You are in charge of keeping Chrom and Lissa safe..." I walked away, slightly upset that he didn't care as much about me as he did them. We all finished preparing for the battle and started.

I sighed as Lissa and Libra took care of my wounds. The battle had ended, and we had definitely won, but I was injured. Not too seriously, but still pretty bad. "O-ow!" I stuttered as Libra tied a cloth around my bleeding arm. I jerked my arm away. "Careful (Y/n), I need you to hold still." Libra said. I sighed and nodded, trying my best to not pull my arm away again. The two gently finished a while later. I smiled slightly, still in pain. "Thanks Libra, Lissa." I said, bowing my head slightly. They both smiled. "It was no trouble." "None at all! Hope you feel better!" I smiled as they left my tent.

Laying down, I heard footsteps coming back towards my tent. "(Y/n)? May I come in?" Frederick. I blushed slightly and smiled. "Sure! Come in!" He entered and I sat back up gently. "How are you doing?" He asked. I blushed deeper. "I'm alright. Lissa and Libra did a good job." I smiled reassuringly. "That's good... I just wish I could have stopped them from hurting you..." He said, blushing slightly as well and looking to the floor. I shook my head. "It wasn't your fault Frederick. It's a war, it's almost impossible to not get hurt." He nodded slightly. "Well, I guess I'd better go..." He said and walked out.

I sighed as I curled up in my blankets. It got slightly warmer, but it was still quite cold. Oh well, at least it isn't snowing. I pulled my blankets over me and fell asleep. When I woke up, it seemed way colder than before. I rubbed my tired eyes as I stood up, stretching and wincing from the pain of my wounds. As I walked outside, I felt something cold and wet land on my nose. "Hey (y/n)! Look! It's snowing!" I turned to see Ricken, bundled up and laughing. I sighed. "It is... Me and my big mouth..."

I put on warmer clothes as I went back outside. I was looking through a book on sword techniques, when I ran into someone. "Oh, pardon me, I'm sorry." I said looking up. "It's ok (y/n)." I looked up to see Frederick, smiling and blushing slightly. "So, what do you think of the snow?" I sighed. "It's cold." Frederick chuckled. "That it is, but it's also beautiful." I swear I heard him quietly say, 'Just like you' after that, but I shook it off as my imagination. My hopeful imagination. "I guess so. It sparkles and shines as the sun reflects off of it..."

Frederick took my hand. "I want to show you something." He said and gently helped me onto his horse. "Huh? Hey! What are you doing?" He chuckled and climbed onto the horse in front of me. "Just be patient, you'll see." I gently wrapped my arms around him and blushed. He got the horse moving and we rode off into the woods. When we got there, I looked around in awe. "Wow... It's all so... Beautiful..." I said, admiring the sparkling trees, the icicles, the lightly frosted ground. It was all so beautiful! Frederick smiled. "I thought you would like it. The woods are quite a sight in the snow."

We stayed there for a long time, just the two of us. Well, and the horse. It was nice. I looked at Frederick and blushed, wanting so much to tell him my feelings. Even if he was kinda, well, annoying at times, like when he didn't let us start a fire, I still had a crush on him. A big one. I sighed, causing him to look at me. "Is something troubling you (y/n)?" He asked. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah... There's this guy that I like... And it's awkward, because I just know he doesn't feel the same way..." Frederick blinked and blushed. "Oh... Er, well... I guess I have the same problem with a girl..."

Frederick asked me how he should tell the girl that he liked her, causing me to get a little upset. Jealousy I guess. "Well, I would want the guy to tell me straight out that he liked me. Or kiss me or something to make it obvious." I sighed and closed my eyes. They teared up, before I felt Frederick's lips press up against mine. My eyes widened and I blushed deeply. I kissed back happily. "S-sir Frederick... I-I... Oh I love you!" I said and smiled brightly, hugging him. He smiled and blushed. "Y-you do? That's wonderful!" He said and hugged me back. "Now, lets get back to camp. The others will be worried, and we absolutely have to tell them the news." I giggled as Freserick helped me back onto the horse and we left, grinning the whole way back.