Here For You (Leon)

(A/N: So, I know that Leon was only requested once, but I just had this idea, so I had to write it! I will get to the rest of the requests, but I just wanted to try this! PS, this one is really sad, so just a warning. It also isn't as romantic as most of mine are. It's literally based off of a few of Leon's quotes, and those quotes will be in this story almost word-for-word, but I hope everyone likes it, anyway! It has a bit of language I don't typically use in my stories, but it's really only one word, and I wanted to use Leon's exact words, so... Read at your own risk! Enjoy!)

Reader Point of View

"I think that's the last of them..." I said, almost breathless. Blood covered the ground, as our enemies lied lifeless or unconscious on the grass. It was a long, hard battle, but we had won. "Let's see... Celica is over there..." I mumbled to myself, as I began counting everyone, hoping that we had been able to make it through the fight with everyone. However, my thoughts were interrupted by a sudden cry. "Valbar!?" Leon shouted, causing me to quickly turn my attention to the man. My eyes widened, as I saw him run to the knight, who was lying on the ground a ways away. Sharing a worried glance, Celica and I quickly followed the archer. What we saw was absolutely terrible. An enemy had somehow managed to pierce his armor, and he had lost a lot of blood. There was likely nothing a healer could really do by that point.

Leon immediately dropped to his knees and grabbed Valbar's hand. "Valbar...?" He whispered, tears forming in his eyes. Slowly, the knight weakly opened his eyes. "Leon... Don't cry..." He mumbled, using what little strength he had to brush away the tears that were now falling down Leon's cheeks. Already shaking, Leon held Valbar's hand to his chest, clinging to it. "You're going to be okay, Valbar... You're going to be okay...!" I could hardly stand to watch, but I didn't interrupt. After all, Leon and Valbar had a bond that I doubted they had with anyone else. If these were going to be Valbar's last moments, I doubted that there would be anyone else there that he would rather spend them with.

Leon's quiet crying was interrupted by the sound of Valbar's voice. "Leon... We've been through a lot... You've been the best friend a man could ask for... But I've been away from my family for far too long..." The knight spoke. "Thanks... For always staying with me... Goodbye, Leon..." Slowly, Valbar's eyes closed, and his hand noticeably went limp, though still being held by Leon's. The archer's eyes widened. "No, don't say that...!" He begged, as he shakily sobbed. "Don't leave me, old friend...! What will I fight for...!?" He shouted, wrapping his arms around the lifeless man. Leon's sobs were the only thing heard at the moment. Celica began to step forward, but I quickly stopped her. "Let's give him some time..." I whispered, leading her a bit further away. I could feel the tears dripping down my cheeks. Despite nobody saying anything, I knew that everybody was devastated by the loss. Valbar was a great man. He was always friendly and looking out for others, all the way to the end. However, nobody could have possibly been more affected by the loss than Leon. He had just lost the man that he had loved with all his heart.

~Several Weeks Later~

"Leon...?" I softly called, before entering the purple-haired man's tent. "I brought you something to eat..." I quietly said, as I walked to the man. At the moment, he was lying down, curled up, with his back facing me. He didn't reply, but I hadn't really expected him to. He had changed after Valbar's passing. Quietly, I sat Leon's food down and sat down beside him. I gently began running my fingers through the man's hair, trying my best to comfort him, though I knew that nothing would really help. Leon had lost the one person he cared about more than anything, and that was something that couldn't just simply be forgotten.

"Leon... Please, eat something..." I softly said, continuing to run my fingers through the archer's hair. It was tangled and clearly hadn't been cared for in a while. I softly sighed. "This isn't healthy..." I told the man. For a while, Leon simply stayed silent and still, his only movement being his light breathing. However, before I could say another word, Leon cut me off. "Why...?" He whispered, shakily. "Why does he have to be gone...? What will I do without him...?" He whimpered a bit. I had no idea what to say. It was the first time in weeks that he had spoken to me, even though I had been bringing him every meal for a while since he wouldn't leave his tent.