Bodyguard (Lon'qu)

Reader Point of View

I sighed as I sat in my tent with my assigned bodyguard who I could tell wanted nothing to do with me. I sighed as I mumbled under my breath. "Really Chrom... I don't need a bodyguard..." I said to myself. My bodyguard, Lon'qu, glared at me, so I guessed he had heard what I said. I glared right back, causing us both to look away again. Oh Chrom, I'm going to make you regret this... He may have taken me in, but he can be a bit of a pain at times. Even if I know he means well.

I sighed in frustration. "Any idea when Chrom will be back Lon'qu? It's boring sitting here doing nothing." I asked, expecting the answer I got. "..." I growled and stood up. I walked to the exit and started to walk out when I felt a strong hand grip my wrist. "Where do you think you're going?" Lon'qu asked coldly. "None of your business, now let go!" I replied and tried to pull my wrist away, failing. "I don't want to have to tell Chrom if something happens to you... And I really don't want Lissa to find out..." He said with a shudder. Lissa? Really? What is it with this guy and women?

I eventually lied down and fell asleep because there was nothing else to do, and not to mention, I did actually feel pretty safe having Lon'qu around. It was very comforting even, which I found odd because we don't exactly get along. I was asleep for a while before I woke up to the feeling of movement. Fast and bumpy movement. I opened my eyes to see the ground. It was as if someone was carrying me. In fact, it felt like that too. I lifted my head to see that there was someone holding me, but he wasn't someone I knew. "Hey! Who are you!? And what are you doing with me!?" I asked the man.

The man looked at me but kept running. "Oh, I see you're awake." He said. "Yes I'm awake, now set me the heck down!" I yelled. The man smirked. "A beautiful girl like you? I don't think so." He said. I opened my mouth to say something, but as soon as I did, he put a cloth around it and tied it so I couldn't. "I won't have you getting me caught." He said. My eyes widened. Where is he taking me!? What does he want with me!?

We soon ended up at a camp full of what looked like bandits. The man took me inside one of the camps and roughly sat me down on a chair. "Now my pretty little pup~" He told me as he tied my hands together and tied me to the chair. "Now, you're completely defenseless. Unable to even speak." He smirked evilly. I growled and glared at him before he walked out of the tent. Even though I hated to admit it, he was kinda right... Oh how I wish Lon'qu was here! Wait- what!? I do NOT need him! There is no way I-I... ok fine... I'll admit it...

When Chrom first introduced me to Lon'qu, I was actually excited to be meeting him! I thought it would be fun having him around! Ya know, pair up, battle, train, be friends? Well, when I saw him, I realized that wasn't going to happen. Because I don't want to just be friends. No matter how rude or stubborn he can be, I still ended up falling in love with him. I hate to admit those feelings though. Because he obviously doesn't feel the same.

I sighed as I struggled to get my hands free. I don't know what they were going to do with me, but I don't plan to stay and find out. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't manage to get untied! I was about to give up and let them do whatever it was, when I heard screaming and yelling. I heard the clang of metal and people running. I was starting to get terrified at what might happen, but suddenly the noise died down. All but the sound of one set of footsteps.

I braced myself at who or what it may be. I closed my eyes, and I heard them enter. They were getting closer and closer, until they were right behind me. Tears were forming in my eyes, until I felt my ropes suddenly fall. I opened my eyes just in time for the cloth to be removed from my mouth. I took a deep breath. "Oh thank you so much for saving me!" I said gratefully. I didn't get a response. I stood up and turned around so I could see my hero.

My eyes widened as I saw none other than Lon'qu standing there looking to the side, a slight blush on his face. "L-Lon'qu?" I asked, surprised to see him. He sighed. "I couldn't just let them take the one woman I love..." He said, causing me to blush as well. "Y-you love me?" I asked. He sighed again. "How many times do I have to say it?" He questioned, obviously flustered. I stood up and hugged him. "Oh Lon'qu! I'm so happy to hear you say that! I love you too!"

Lon'qu walked me back to the camp, where we were met by a terrified Lissa and a worried Chrom. "Where were you two!? We were worried sick!" Lissa said and hugged me. I smiled and hugged back. "I was kidnapped, but don't worry. We're fine Lissa. Lon'qu saved me." I smiled at him causing him to blush and look away. Now it's Chrom's turn for questions. "How did she get caught!? Weren't you guarding her!?" Lon'qu looked at him. "She fell asleep. I left the tent for about a minute and came back. She was already gone. I'm sorry..." He said looking away again.

Lon'qu and I went to my tent. I took his hand and led him to my bed where we sat down. It was quiet, but it wasn't awkward this time. I blushed at how close we were, and I couldn't take it. I just had to try. "Lon'qu?" "Hmm?" As soon as he turned to face me I kissed him. I closed my eyes and blushed, not expecting him to kiss back. But he did. I smiled as we pulled away. "Oh Lon'qu, I can't believe we never got along." I said with a laugh. He chuckled and I leaned against him. I officially love my bodyguard now.