Don't Mess With a Bunny! (Yarne)

Reader Point of View

I sighed as I walked through the darkened camp. The sun was down, so most of the Shepherds were asleep. These night time walks were nothing new to me though. I had trouble sleeping at night sometimes because this whole fighting thing was new to me. Chrom took me in from a village, where I barely ever had to fight. But all of that changed. Now I fight nearly every day, and all the deaths that are happening are causing me to have nightmares. I sighed as I kept walking, hoping to clear my mind.

Instead of thinking of the battles and nightmares, I kept my mind on the stars in the sky. I wonder how many are up there... I counted them as I walked, so I wasn't really paying attention until I ran into something. Or someone rather. "Aah! Who's there!?" I heard him say. I was scared at first, but then I realized who it was. "Yarne, calm down. It's just me, (y/n)." I said to the taguel, giving him a light hug to reassure him. He sighed in relief. "Oh (y/n)! Don't sneak up on me like that!" He said, causing me to quietly giggle. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention where I was going." I told him. He smiled. "Oh alright, then be more careful."

Yarne and I walked around the dark camp for a while, before he suddenly stopped and gently grabbed my shoulder. "(Y/n), I know you've been sneaking around almost every night, and it's been worrying me." He told me. "Is there something troubling you?" He looked worried, which made me feel bad. "No Yarne... I'm fine..." I told him, looking away to hide my blush. Yarne sighed and gently hugged me. "Please, you've helped me out many times when you're still new here. Let me help you." He pleaded. I sighed and looked down. "Well... I guess I'll tell you..."

I explained to Yarne about my nightmares. Mostly people sneaking in at night and attacking us when we aren't expecting it. "And so... I kinda got paranoid... I think that would be the right word... But these nightmares are leaving me exhausted, and I'm almost afraid to go to sleep." I said. He sighed. "Yeah, I can understand that. It's a scary world. You never know when someone could be right behind the-" "Oomf!!" Yarne was cut as I felt someone grab me. "Hey!! Let me go!!" I screamed. Yarne was frozen in shock and fear. "Yarne! Run!" I shouted to him, as I know that he is easily scared and feels like it's his responsibility to stay alive and make the taguel kind live on.

"Yarne... R-run..." Was all I remember before waking up to a blurry face. I screamed and immediately punched the person. "Ow! Hey, what was that for? It's just me!" I heard a familiar voice say. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to let them get cleared up. I opened them again and saw that the person above me was Yarne, and I was inside one of the tents. I suddenly felt bad. "Oh Yarne! I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know it was you, and-" "It's ok (y/n)! Just, leave the taguel alive please..." He said with a nervousness in his voice. I smiled and hugged him. "Yarne, you saved my life..."

Ever since that night, about a year ago if I remember right, Yarne and I have been spending more and more time together. We team up for almost every battle, and we're great together! When he's with me, Yarne isn't as afraid of moving forward. We are almost unstoppable. "Ok! Take this! Now Yarne, your turn!" "Alright (y/n), I got this! Don't mess with a bunny!" We had a long battle, but we won without any serious injuries on our side. And we were outnumbered! That just shows how great Chrom did getting us to work together as a team.

After that battle, we all went back to camp. "Panne, did you see us? Don't we work so well together?" I asked the female taguel excitedly. She smiled and nodded. "Yes, you do. I'm still quite surprised that humans can get along so well with taguel, but then again, I did marry a human." She said. I smiled. "Yeah, but if you didn't, we wouldn't have such a wonderful boy on our team!" I said and looked toward Yarne. He wasn't listening to our conversation, I could tell, even if taguel do have extremely good hearing. Panne smiled again. "So when are you two planning on getting married?" She asked. "Well, I haven't thought that far yet, but- wait what!?" I blushed deeply and my eyes widened. "Panne, how-!?"

Panne smiled and took me to her tent. "(Y/n), it's very obvious that the two of you care greatly about each other, but as Yarne's mother, I can tell he has feelings of love for you. I also had a suspicion the feelings are mutual. Now, though, I know it for a fact." She explained. I blushed and looked down. "Ok ok... I admit... I do have feelings for Yarne..." I said. She smiled. "Then tomorrow, you should tell him. It's getting late though, so you should get to bed." I nodded and went to my tent. I lied down and curled up on my bed. I fell asleep, but it was anything but peaceful.

"(y/n)! (Y/n) wake up! Please! I'm here, I'm ok! Wake up!" I slowly opened my tear-filled eyes. I felt someone shaking me, and I could tell by the voice, that I was again waking up in the arms of Yarne. "Y-Yarne...?" I questioned quietly. His worry-filled eyes suddenly relaxed slightly as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Oh (y/n), I was so worried! You were screaming my name and crying and, and, and you had me so worried!" He said, tears slowly starting to reveal themselves. I then remembered my dream. "Y-Yarne... I-I dreamt you were... You... I dreamt I had lost you..." I cried and hugged him. "Shh... It was just a dream... I'm here, and I'm staying..." He said reassuring me this time.

Yarne stayed in my room for a while in silence. I sighed remembering what Panne had said. And even though it was late, I decided now was as good a time as ever. "Y-Yarne? I have something I have to tell you..." He looked down. "Me too..." He replied. "(Y/n), the truth is... I think I may be in love with you..." He said before I had a chance to say anything. My eyes widened and I smiles brightly before kissing him. He blushes and kisses back. We pulled back and smiled. "So then, the feelings are mutual?" He asked. I nodded and grinned. "I love you Yarne... Stay with me please..." He smiled. "I'll stay with you forever."