Childhood Memories (Ryoma)

(A/N: Hey everyone! Just a heads up, this one has a few flashbacks in it! They will all be marked, though! Also, they WILL be from the reader point of view. ALSO, THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, JUST A HEADS UP!)

Reader Point of View

"Hey, Ryoma?" I called, as I knocked on my brother's door. Well, I guess step-brother was the more correct term. I had recently learned that we weren't actually related at all, which was honestly a bit of a relief, as I had started to gain feelings for the Hoshidan man. "Come in, (y/n)." Ryoma said, causing me to open the door. I gave him a smile and sat down beside him on his bed. Ryoma chuckled a bit. "May I ask what brings you here so late at night?" He questioned. I nodded. "Well, a lot of my childhood memories are blurry, so I was wondering if you would be willing to tell me a few stories about when we were kids."

Ryoma seemed a bit surprised by my request, though he gave me a warm, kind smile. "There are so many good memories, it's hard to narrow it down to only a few." He told me. "Let's see... I remember one time when mother and father brought the five of us to a flower field to relax for a while. I have to admit, it was rather cute to see your reaction." He told me, causing me to lightly blush. "Really? What did I do?" I questioned, earning a smile from my brother. "Well..."

-Flashback-

"You can open your eyes, now." My father said, causing me to do what I was told. As soon as they were open, they widened. "Wow..." I said in awe, as I stared at the thousands of flowers surrounding me. "They're so pretty!" I squealed, giggling and turning to look at my parents and siblings. Ryoma was smiling, while Takumi and Hinoka seemed to also be rather excited. Sakura, however, was still asleep in mother's arms. I smiled and hurried over to Ryoma, taking his hands and pulling him a bit. "Big brother! Let's make flower crowns for everyone!" I excitedly said, earning a chuckle from the older boy. "Alright, (y/n)." He said, as the two of us sat down and got to work.

After a while, Ryoma and I had worked together to make seven flower crowns of different colors. I happily giggled, as I began to pass them out to everyone. Since mother and father were too tall, I handed theirs to them, as well as Sakura's. I then walked to Hinoka with a smile and placed her crown on her head. "Tada!" I exclaimed, causing Hinoka to giggle. "Thanks, (y/n)! And thanks, Ryoma!" She happily said. I smiled and nodded, then moving to Takumi. "Here you go, Takumi!" I said, placing his on his head. He gave me a smile and nodded a bit. "Thank you..." He said, sounding a little shy. I giggled and happily made my way to Ryoma. "And now, Ryoma's!" I squealed, standing on my toes to place his flower crown on his head. He chuckled and softly smiled at me. "Thank you. And yours." He said, gently placing the flowers on my head and fixing my hair a bit. I giggled and tightly hugged him, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, big brother!"

-End Flashback-

I lightly laughed at Ryoma's story. "I'm not surprised that something as simple as a flower field and making flower crowns was enough to make me happy. I feel like the same would happen, even today." I said, causing my brother to smile and nod. "Well, if you ever want to go to a flower field at some point, just tell me. I would gladly take you to one." He told me. I smiled and started to speak, but I quickly stopped myself. Just the two of us? I was glad that the words hadn't left my mouth, but they were enough to make my cheeks heat up. Thankfully Ryoma didn't seem to notice, and he soon began to speak, again.

"At one point, you, Hinoka, and Takumi got into a bit of trouble." Ryoma said, causing me to raise a brow. "Oh, really?" I asked. "What did we do?" I questioned, curiously. Ryoma chuckled. "Well, the three of you were awake and quietly playing in your room, when you were all supposed to be asleep. Thankfully, I was also still awake and was training nearby, or things could have gone worse than they had." He told me. I tilted my head a bit. "What do you mean? What happened?" I questioned, wondering what could have possibly happened.