A Little Advice (Tobin)

Reader Point of View

I knew he liked me. I knew I liked him. What I didn't know was how to tell him that his feelings were mutual. I had overheard him talking to Gray and Alm a few weeks before, telling them how he felt about me, and yet I still couldn't work up the courage to tell him how I felt. Sighing, I quietly watched from a distance as Tobin spoke to his best friend Gray. I wasn't sure what the two were talking about, but from the red tint on Tobin's cheeks, I couldn't help but wonder if I was the topic of their conversation. "What could they be saying...?" I whispered to myself, softly, as I unconsciously moved a bit closer to the two boys. I strained to hear what was being said, before I heard someone clear his throat, behind me.

I let out a bit of a yelp, as I quickly turned around to see who had caught me. "C-Clive...!" I stuttered, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck and avoiding eye-contact. The former leader of The Deliverance crossed his arms and raised a brow. "Might I ask exactly what it is you are doing, right now?" He questioned. I bit my lip, awkwardly. "Oh, I, uhh... I was just..." "Listening in on a private conversation?" The man finished, causing me to flinch. "M-maybe..." I admitted, sighing. Clive shook his head. "You've been acting strange, lately, (y/n)." He said. "Is something wrong?"

I once again sighed, as I shifted my gaze to the ground. "Well, it's... A long story." I said, before having a thought. Clive was in a happy relationship. That might have meant that he could have some advice on how to confess to someone. "Hey, Clive? Can I talk to you in private?" I asked, looking up at the blonde. Clive seemed a bit surprised, but he nodded a bit. "Of course. Let's go." He said, beginning to walk. I glanced back at Tobin once more, before following Clive. I felt a bit awkward about talking to Clive of all people about this, but I knew that it was better than doing nothing. Besides, Clive and Mathilda seemed to be extremely happy, so he would likely have some decent advice for me.

"Okay, (y/n), I don't think anyone will hear us, here." Clive said, as the two of us slowed to a stop. "Now, will you tell me what's going on?" He asked. Sighing, I nodded. "Well, the thing is... I like Tobin. Like, really like." I said, looking up at Clive, who slowly nodded. "I see... Go on." He said. I nodded, continuing. "But see, while I know he feels the way, I'm honestly a bit afraid to tell him..." I admitted, sighing. "I just don't know what to say... You and Mathilda seem so happy with each other. Do you have any advice?" I asked. A small smile formed on Clive's lips. "I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but I'll tell you what I think you should do. If you know that he does in fact feel the same way, or even if you aren't positive, I think the best thing to do is just be honest with him. Be honest, and be yourself."

I bit my lip, considering Clive's words. "I see... But what if he rejects me, anyway?" I asked, looking at the man, hoping the worry in my eyes wasn't showing too badly. Clive looked away for a moment. "If he does in fact feel the same way, I don't really see any reason for him to reject you. If he were to, though..." He paused, sighing. "I guess I'm not really sure how to answer that... I'm sorry..." He apologized, turning back to face me. I shook my head and gave Clive a small smile. "Don't worry about it. Thank you for the advice you were able to give me, Clive." I said, causing the the man to nod. "You're welcome, (y/n), and good luck. We should be getting back, now, before people begin wondering where we are."

"Just be honest..." I whispered to myself, as I began to make my way towards Tobin, who was now alone, practicing with his bow. Once I was close enough to hear me, I quietly cleared my throat, earning the boy's attention. He turned to face me, giving me a smile. "Hey, (y/n). What are you up to?" He asked. I returned the smile, shrugging a bit. "Not much. I was actually wanting to talk to you about something." I said, my heart starting to beat a bit faster. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out for a few seconds. Be honest, (y/n)! Don't just stand there! Say something! "I see you're busy training, though, so I'll talk to you, later." I blurted, my cheeks heating up, as I quickly hurried away.