Flirt (Inigo)

Reader Point of View

"(Y/n), I'd like you to meet my son..." The shy dancer, Olivia, said to me. Behind her, stood a boy who looked about the same age as her. I'm guessing he was from the future. He had white hair (I ship Olivia with Henry, you can change it), a mischievous grin, and was staring at me. "Inigo, this is (y/n). I hope you get along..." She smiled. I smiled back. "I'm sure we will!" I replied. Olivia smiled again. "That's good. Now, I have to go. I'm going to be helping Henry. Bye!" She said, walking off, leaving Inigo and I together in an awkward silence. "So... Umm..." I started, trying to break the silence. He grinned at me. "Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are~?" He asked. I blushed deeply and shook my head. "N-no..." I replied. Well, this is going to be awkward.

Inigo and I tried to talk, but it usually ended up with him flirting with me. I mean, the guy is charming and all, I have to admit, but we just met! I walked back to my tent and sat down. "Ugh... What's with this Inigo guy...?" I mumbled to myself, sighing. I was getting ready to change into my sleepwear, when I heard someone walk into my tent. "Hmm?" I looked up to see Inigo. "Hey cutie~ Did you miss me~?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Not really. Now why are you in my tent?" I questioned. He grinned. "I brought you a gift~" He replied. I blinked. "A gift?" He nodded and handed me a small box. I opened it to find a small necklace. My eyes widened and I blushed. "Oh Inigo! I-it's beautiful!" He grinned more. "I was hoping you would like it, (y/n)."

That was a few months ago, before I realized that I really liked Inigo. As in, LIKE like. But I soon decided to give up on trying to get him. I mean, when I first met him, I thought he may have actually liked me. Boy was I wrong. He flirts with every girl he meets. "Why, Cynthia, you look absolutely lovely today~ I'm not surprised~" "Oh Lucina~ You look as lovely as ever~ Care for some tea~?" I sighed as I sat on the ground and watched Inigo flirt nonstop, wishing all of those girls were me. I looked down at my hands, where the necklace he gave me was laying. Sighing, I put the necklace in my pocket and stood up, only to f eel a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Olivia. "Oh, hello Olivia..." I said, sounding a bit more upset that I wanted. "Hello, (y/n). Is something wrong...?" She asked. I looked down. "No..." "It's Inigo, isn't it?"

Olivia brought me to her tent and sat down next to me. "Inigo... He's very shy... He told me that in the future, I told him that if he could talk to girls, he could talk to anyone..." The dancer explained. "He took your advice..." I replied, looking away. "How did you know he's what's been bugging me, anyway?" She smiled and giggled quietly. "Well, it's rather obvious... Every time you see him with another girl, you look at your necklace..." I blushed. She was right. "You really love him, don't you?" Olivia asked. I sighed and nodded. "Way too much... He has eyes for pretty much everyone except me now, though..." I said, looking at the floor. She sighed. "Remember... He's just very shy..." And with that, she walked out, leaving me alone in her tent to think things over.

After thinking about what Olivia had said for a while, I walked out of her tent. Not looking where I was going, I ran into someone, knocking us both over and spilling water everywhere. I shook my head and looked up. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking!" I apologized, blushing madly when I realized who I had bumped into. Sitting in front of me, was a young man, with dripping wet white hair, an empty bucket sitting at his feet. "Oh, Inigo! I'm so so so so sorry!" I stood up quickly and reached my arm out to him. He took my hand and I pulled him up. "No harm done." He replied, smiling. "It takes more than a bucket of water to take ol' Inigo out! Besides, how could I be mad at a beautiful lady like you~?" I sighed and blushed. "Please, Inigo... Stop flirting with me and pretending to like me..." He blinked. "My, why do you think that that's all poor Inigo is doing~? It hurts me to think you feel that way about me~" I looked away. "Maybe if you didn't flirt with every girl in camp, I might believe you!" I picked up the empty bucket and walked to the river.

I sat next to the river and filled the bucket up with water. I thought of what Olivia told me, about how shy Inigo truly is. About him flirting with girls partially as a way to change that. I sat the bucket of water on the ground and lay down on the cool grass. I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep. Eventually, I woke up to a huge crash of thunder. My eyes snapped open, but I saw nothing but dark. At first, I was panicking, thinking, 'H-have I gone blind!?', but then I heard an annoyed voice. "Dang it! The lantern went out again! The rain is coming in badly!" I sat up. Someone lit a match and lit the lantern, bringing it closer to me. "Oh, (y/n), you're finally awake. The thunder, I'm guessing." I rubbed my eyes and looked up to see Inigo holding a lamp and Olivia and Henry trying to keep the tent shut. It wasn't working very well though. Rain was getting in, leaving them both drenched.

"Inigo, what's going on...?" I asked. Inigo smiled slightly. "A while after you left, it started storming. Badly. Nobody could find you, until I remembered you took the bucket. I guessed you would be at the river, and I guess I guessed correctly..." He said. I blushed and nodded. "Thank you for bringing me here..." I said, standing and hugging him. He smiled and blushed, hugging me back. "You're very welcome..." He said. "Hey lovebirds, I think the storm is starting to go away!" Henry called. I blushed, glaring lightly at him and causing him to laugh. He opened the tent so we could see. It was late, but I could tell that it was definitely getting better. "In that case, (y/n)? I know this isn't a very romantic place or time, but... I have something for you." He got on one knee and pulled out a small box. "(Y/n)... Will you marry me...?" My eyes widened and I blushed deeper and smiled brighter than ever before. "Yes, Inigo... I will..." He smiled and kissed me, blushing. I giggled and kissed back. "But there is a condition. No more flirting with other girls, ok?" He chuckled. "Ok. The only girl I ever truly was in love with was you, anyway~" And with that, Henry laughed and Olivia giggled. "Very romantic, son. Very romantic."