The Last Muffin (Stahl)

(Honestly, I really like how this turned out. XD)

Reader Point of View

~Flashback~

"Mmm! Yummy!" I said, happily, as I was about to take a bite out of a muffin. I hadn't had breakfast yet, and it was the last one at the stand. I had saved up enough gold to buy it, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself! That was when I noticed a young boy walk to the stand. His face fell when he realized there were no muffins left. As he started to walk away, I walked to him. I quickly broke my muffin in half and handed him a piece. "Here, we can share!" I said, smiling. The boy's eyes widened. "Really? Thanks!" He said, smiling. I smiled back and ate my piece of the muffin. After I finished, I wiped the crumbs off of my mouth. The boy did the same and then smiled at me. "Thanks again! It was nice meeting you!" He said, happily, running off. "Wait!" I called, but it was too late. "I never even got your name..." I said, sighing. I smiled anyway, though. "It was nice meeting you, too..."

~End Flashback~

"Hey, (y/n)!" A girl called, snapping me out of my thoughts. I jumped a bit and turned around to see Princess Lissa. "Oh, hey, Lissa." I said, smiling slightly. She smiled back, then suddenly frowned. "You've been spending an awful lot of time alone, lately." She said. "We're all getting worried... Is something wrong?" She asked. I quickly shook my head. "No, not really... It's just... You know that story I told you? About the boy and the muffin?" I asked. She nodded. "The one where you broke the muffin in half to share it with that boy?" She asked. I nodded. "That's the one... For some reason, I can't stop thinking about it lately..." I admitted.

Lissa smiled in relief. "That's all? You really had us all worried because of a memory? I'll go tell Chrom that you're alright. It's getting late, so I have to hurry!" She said. I sighed as she got up and yet again left me all alone. I lied down and stared at the wall of the tent for a while, before hearing footsteps outside of my tent. "May I come in?" A voice I knew very well asked. I quickly sat up. "Of course. You don't really have to ask." I replied, a small smile forming on my lips as my best friend, Stahl, walked in. "You tell me every time that I don't have to ask, but I'm afraid that if I don't, I might walk in at an awkward moment." He said with a small chuckle. I laughed lightly. "True." I agreed. "Anyway, how are you?" I asked. He smiled. "I'm great, and you?" He asked. "I'm good, now that you're here." I said. "Thanks for coming here. I was starting to feel kinda lonely..." I admitted. Stahl smiled and sat down next to me on my bed. "What are friends for?" He asked. I laughed lightly and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Stahl, you're not just my friend... You're so much more..." I said, softly, suddenly feeling very sleepy. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

"Aww! So cute!" I heard someone say, though it was kinda mumbled, and I couldn't tell who it was. "What a pair." Someone else said, though still hard to make out. "Shh! Don't wake her!" I heard someone whisper-yell, sounding closer than the others. Slowly, I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry, but I could definitely see two people standing by the opening of mg tent. I shifted a bit, moving my arms to where I could rub my eyes and clear my vision. When I moved my hands, I could see Lissa and Chrom. "Hmm...? What are you guys doing here...?" I asked. Lissa smirked. "Well, we kinda figured that the two of you would want breakfast." She said. "But it seems like all you two need now is some privacy~" She teased. My eyes widened and I immediately sat up. My face turned dark red as I remembered Stahl coming to my room the night before. "Lissa!!" I yelled, clenching my fists. "Hehe! Calm down! It was only a joke!" She said, winking before she and Chrom left the tent.

I sighed in frustration, then remembering that there was still someone in there. I blushed deeply and slowly looked up at Stahl. His face was light pink, but he smiled at me. "It's alright." He said, softly. "No need to get so flustered." He said, gently touching my cheek. I blushed darker at his warm touch. I gently placed my hand over his, keeping it in place. Stahl's cheeks turned a bit darker as well, but he smiled at me. "How about we go and get some breakfast?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright." I gently pulled my hand away from his, and he gently took his away from me as well. We stood and started making our way to the rest of the Shepherds.

As Stahl and I arrived, we noticed that almost all of the food was already gone. "Aww, there's hardly anything left..." I sighed. Stahl nodded. "Yeah, and I'm starving..." He said. We then walked around all of the tables to see what all was left, when suddenly Stahl stopped. "There's one muffin left..." He said. My eyes widened. "The last one...?" I asked. He glanced at me. "Yeah, that's kinda what 'one left' means." He teased. I gave him a light glare before turning back to the muffin. Without saying anything, Stahl picked up the muffin and broke it in half. "Here, we can share it." He said with a smile, handing me half of the muffin. I blushed lightly and accepted it. "Thank you, Stahl..." I said. "But why did you do this without any hesitation?" I asked. Stahl chuckled. "You're my best friend. Do you really think I would take it for myself and leave you with nothing?" He asked. "Also, several years ago, a girl did the same thing for me. You remind me of her." He said. "I thanked her, but I ran off before asking her name. When I had realized I never got her name, or even introduced myself, I ran back. The girl was already gone, though." He explained.

My eyes widened. That boy... He must have been Stahl! "Stahl... That little boy I shared my muffin with all those years ago... Was you..." I said, softly. His eyes widened. "You mean... That girl was you!?" He questioned. I nodded slowly. After a while, a small smile formed on Stahl's lips. "I should have known... That was the very first time I had ever felt butterflies around a girl..." He admitted, blushing lightly. "And... The only other times I have felt those butterflies, were around you..." He said, looking away. "I love you, (y/n)..." My eyes widened and I blushed deeply. "Also..." Stahl started. "Before you fell asleep last night, you said that I was so much more than just a friend... What did you mean by that?" He asked. I blushed deeply, not even realizing that I had said that. "I... I meant that..." I sighed. "I love you, too, Stahl." I said, standing on my toes to give him a quick kiss. Stahl's eyes widened, and he softly touched his lips. "(Y/n)..." He said, before leaning in and kissing me. I smiled and kissed back. When we pulled away, I suddenly looked back at the muffin table. "It's kinda strange how there just happened to be a single muffin left..." I said, giggling softly. He chuckled softly and nodded. Little did we know, a certain princess was watching and giggling...