Magical Love (Laurent)

(It's late, but I tried... I hope I did ok!)

Reader Point of View

I sighed as I waited for Miriel to get back. She said she was going to introduce me to someone she thought I would get along with, but she was taking forever. I sat down on my bed and looked through some spell tomes, hoping to cure my boredom, when I heard someone outside my tent. "Hello? May I come in?" I heard a voice say. It didn't sound like Miriel though. Heck, it didn't even sound female! But oh well, there are several people here, so I'm pretty well protected. "Come in!"

For a second I thought I saw Miriel walking in, the Mage outfit and the glasses I mean. But no, this was definitely a boy. "Hello, I assume you are (y/n)?" He questioned. I nodded. "Yes, how did you know?" He smiled. "Mother sent me to meet you." He replied. My eyes widened. Miriel. "Miriel is your mother!?" I asked. "Did you come back from the future like Lucina!?" He chuckled quietly and nodded. "Yes, and yes. I did." He replied. "My name is Laurent." I smiled and held my hand out, still slightly confused. "It's nice to meet you Laurent." He smiled and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you as well."

Laurent and I talked for quite a while. We also trained, studied spells, and all kinds of other stuff to prepare for battles and also just get to know each other. "So (y/n), how long have you been with the shepherds now?" Laurent asked. I smiled. "I've been here for about two years now. Everyone has been so great to me!" I answered. Laurent smiled. "I see, you have made many friends then, yes?" I nodded. "Yeah. But Miriel is actually one of my closest..." I said, which sounded a bit awkward now that I'm talking to her son. He just laughed and smiled. "I see. No wonder you seem you experienced with magic. I take it you have trained with her before?" I smiled and nodded. "Yup! All the time!"

It was getting late, so I had decided to get ready for bed. Laurent had left to go to his tent a while back. I sighed as I started to undress so that I could put my sleepwear on. I had just taken my shirt off, when I heard footsteps coming. I turned around to face the door. Mistake. There stood Laurent and Miriel, who hadn't yet noticed me. "(Y/n), sorry about the intrusion, but I forgot my- Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!!" Laurent said as he blushed deeply and turned around. Miriel, who was reading a book, turned her gaze to Laurent as I grabbed my shirt and used it to cover up in a hurry.

"Laurent, what was that about?" Miriel asked as she saw his face. Laurent blushed deeper. "U-umm... Mother... This is a bad time..." He said as he took her hand and pulled her out gently but quickly. My face was about the shade of a tomato. I quickly put my sleepwear on and climbed in bed. I pulled the blanket over me and awkwardly stayed there for a while. It was hard to clear my thoughts. I kept going back to thinking about Laurent. It was so awkward! I mean, even if he is kinda cute, we just met! Oh great, now I think I'm in love. I sighed as I tried again to fall asleep, but my attempts failed yet again as I heard Miroel. "(Y/n)? May I come in?" She asked. I sighed and sat up. "Yeah." She walked in and sat down next to me.

"Listen, I'm sorry about Laurent and I... He told me what happened, and I didn't notice..." Miriel apologized. I laughed awkwardly. "I-it's ok... It wasn't on purpose..." I said with an awkward smile. Miriel shared that awkward smile. "Laurent feels terrible as well. But I feel like there's something else he's feeling as well. Something that happened when you were getting to know each other." She said. I tilted my head. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked. She smiled. "I mean, I think he may be in love with you." She too me. My eyes widened and I blushed lightly. "W-what? Why do you think that?" I asked. She giggled quietly as she replied. "You should have heard the way he spoke about you when he came back to the tent. It was unmistakably obvious."

Miriel explained to me that Laurent had described me to her as if she had never met me. She said that he told her all about my talents and skills. "But he also said, that your beauty is quite unmatched." She added with a smile. I blushed deeper. "R-really?" I asked. She nodded and laughed slightly. "So I see, these feelings are mutual are they?" She questioned. My eyes widened. "How did you-" I started. She smiled. "I just know. I also know that a certain boy would be quite happy to hear about your feelings for him~" She said. I smiled and blushed. "A-alright... I'll go tell him... But in the morning. It's late." I said and plopped down in my bed. I heard Miriel giggle as she left before I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I heard what sounded like a bunch of spells being cast outside my tent. My eyes widened. "We must be user attack!!" I quickly got my clothes on and grabbed my spell tomes. But when I walked outside, the only one there was Laurent. "L-Laurent? Is everything ok?" I asked rubbing my eyes. He looked at me. "Oh (y/n)! I'm sorry, did I wake you?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, I was just wondering what was going on." I replied. He nodded. "Well, you're just in time. I had something I had to tell you." He said. I giggled and blushed as I pulled him into my arms and kisses him. His eyes widened in surprise and he blushed deeply, but he then closed his eyes and kisses back. When we pulled back, he was smiling. "So, I guess I don't really have to tell you then?" He said with a laugh. I laughed and hugged him. "I already know." I said.

Laurent led me to an empty spot in camp. "Hey, there's something I wanted to show you." He told me. I smiled and nodded, signaling him to go on. He grinned and pulled out a spell tome, but he cast it a different way than I'm used to seeing. I was about to ask what he was doing, but it became clear. In the electrical shower, was a beautiful shimmering heart. I blushed and smiled brightly. "Oh Laurent! You're so clever!" I ran to him and jumped into his arms. He chuckled and hugged me back. "Anything for you, my love." I smiled and blushed. "Oh Laurent, I love you."