Valbar, Valbar, Valbar! (Leon)

(Ahh, I haven't updated in forever! So, I know that I have a few requests that were before this one, but I had a bit of an idea for this one, already. I will try to get to the rest of them, soon! Sorry for making you wait! Also, this one is kind of long, soooo....)

Reader Point of View

Valbar. Valbar, Valbar, Valbar. It was always Valbar. Nobody else. Nope. Just Valbar. I sighed as I sat with Celica. I looked around at everybody who was in this group led by Celica and simply sighed. Celica noticed and looked up at me. "Is something wrong, (y/n)?" She asked, setting down her silverware. Our group was having a late meal after a long day. I looked at Celica and gave a small and clearly fake smile. "No, I'm fine." I said, looking down at my food. I had barely touched it, and it was beginning to get cold.

Celica gently touched my shoulder. "(Y/n), I know that something is going on... You've been acting strange for the past week or so..." She pointed out. I lifted my head and looked around, again. We were starting to attract attention, which was the last thing I wanted. "Celica, I promise that I'm fine. Nothing is wrong, alright?" I said, trying not to sound rude, but wanting her to drop the subject. She sighed and shook her head. "Alright, (y/n)... But I promise that if anything is wrong, you can talk to me about it..." I forced another smile and thanked her, before finally starting to eat my dinner.

After I finished my meal and washed my plate and silverware, I immediately left for my tent. I had decided to take a bath before bed, so I quickly gathered my things to take with me. However, as I was about to step out of my tent, my tent was opened to reveal Leon. My eyes widened a bit in surprise, as the archer entered. He smiled his charming smile at me, causing my cheeks to turn light pink. "Hello, (y/n). Getting ready for bed?" He asked, smiling.

I glared, lightly, at Leon. "Leon, what are you doing in my tent? I could have been changing." I said, coldly, crossing my arms. Leon put his hands up in defense. "Hey, no need to get upset at me." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Anyway..." I mumbled. "I need to go take a bath. If you will excuse me..." I said, starting to walk past him. Leon put an arm out, blocking my way. "You're going to take a bath this late at night?" He asked. "The only place for you to bathe around here is a lake, and it would be dangerous for you to be there, alone and unarmed."

I rolled my eyes at the archer. "Leon, why should you care?" I asked, tapping my foot. "I'm just taking a bath. Now get out. I'm sure your precious Valbar misses you." I said, glaring. Leon's eyes widened, slightly. "(Y/n), why are you so upset about Valbar and I?" He asked. I bit my lip, unable to hide the blush that was currently appearing on my cheeks. "It's nothing." I said, roughly pushing past the archer to get out of my tent. Leon, however, stopped me yet again.

The blush on my cheeks darkened, as I felt Leon grab my hand. I turned to look at him, glad that it was dark outside of my tent. "What, now?" I demanded. Leon sighed and let go of my hand. "Like I said, it isn't safe for you to go to the lake, alone." He said. "Let me come with you. To protect you." He said, shifting his gaze, slightly. My eyes widened, and I clenched my fists. I started to accuse him of sneaking a peek at me while I was bathing, but then I remember. Valbar. He had nobody else on his mind. Not even me. I sighed and looked at Leon. "Fine. But if I catch you looking even once..." I said, darkly. Leon looked at me. "(Y/n), do not be ridiculous." He said, clearly unamused. "Now, let's just get this over with."

Leon and I walked to the lake, Leon's bow in his hand the entire time. He also kept going on about Valbar the entire time. We soon arrived at the lake, and Leon was still talking. "And so, Valbar-" "Leon, that is enough!" I shouted, having hear enough about the knight. Leon jumped a bit and looked at me. "(Y/n), I-" "I said enough!" I growled, clenching my fists so hard that my nails dug into my skin. "Just get out of here..." I demanded, looked away from him. Leon took a step towards me, causing me to take a step back. "I don't need your protection, so just leave!" I shouted. Leon sighed, softly. "Alright, (y/n)..." He said. "Just... Stay safe..." He said, practically in a whisper. He then turned and walked away without a single word.