Tactician in Training (Morgan(M))

Reader Point of View

"(Y/n)! Are you going to train with Robin again today? If so, you'd better hurry. She's getting ready to go, now." Chrom said to me, pointing towards the training area. I smiled and nodded. "Yup! Thanks, Chrom!" I said, happily, as I walked towards the training area. When I got there, I didn't see Robin. Instead, I saw her son, Morgan. I stopped and watched him train for a while. He was becoming a great fighter and an even better tactician. He was going back and forth between spells and a sword, trying to master both, that way he could have an advantage against more of our enemies. I couldn't help but smile as I watched the boy practicing and then telling himself what to fix. I was about to walk out, when I accidentally bumped into some barrels, knocking them over and causing Morgan to jump.

Morgan gasped. I assumed it was just from me startling him, but when I turned around, I noticed that his arm was dripping blood. By the time I noticed, it was already all over his hand and dripping down his clothes and onto his shoes. I immediately felt horrible. "Oh, Morgan! I'm so sorry!" I apologized. He forced a smile. "It's alright... It wasn't your fault..." He said. I shook my head. "Yes it was..." I said, grabbing some bandages out of my pocket. I walked to the boy and took his hand. "Let me help you..." I offered. I wrapped his arm up tightly in the bandages to slow down the bleeding before bringing him to the men's bathing tent to get it cleaned up. "Is anyone in here?" I called. No reply. "Let's get that cleaned up..." I said, walking in the tent, followed by Morgan.

"You really don't have to do this, you know..." Morgan said, looking away. I shook my head, rolling up his torn sleeve so that I could take his bandages off. I unwrapped his arm as gently as I could, but Morgan still winced a few times. I sighed. "I'm sorry..." I apologized again. Morgan smiled slightly. "I told you it's alright." He replied. "But still..." I mumbled. I gently washed the blood off of his arm with a cloth. I bit my lip as I noticed how bad the wound was. It was deep, and it had to be extremely painful. When I finished, I pulled clean bandages out of my pocket and re-wrapped his arm. "What were you doing i the training area?" Morgan asked. "I was looking for your mother. I usually train with her at about this time." I replied. "Well..." Morgan started. "She isn't feeling well, so she went back to her tent." He explained. I shook my head. "Your father should have told me that..." I mumbled. I then looked at his blood-stained clothes.

"Let me wash your overcoat." I said. Morgan looked up at me from his spot on the ground. "It's alright, I can wash it." He said, laughing lightly. I shook my head. "Morgan, this is my fault. I need to make it up to you." I explained. Morgan stood and smiled. "I promise, I'm not upset." He said. I sighed. "Please... Just let me wash your overcoat for you..." I said. "It would make me feel better." I added. Morgan just shook his head and smiled. "Alright. If you insist." He said. He undid his overcoat and pulled it off. Right as he did, the tent flap opened.

Morgan and I looked over to the opening to see Chrom. Chrom's eyes widened, and my face turned red. It must have looked pretty bad to Chrom. Here I was in the men's bathing tent alone with Chrom's son who just so happened to be undressing the second Chrom walked in. Chrom crossed his arms. "What are you two doing!?" He questioned, angrily. I quickly put my hands up in defense. "I-I accidentally startled Morgan while he was training and caused him to cut his arm! I was just helping him get it cleaned and bandaged!" I explained, nervously. Morgan nodded. "(Y/n) was just being nice." He said. Chrom narrowed his eyes a bit. "Then why were you undressing?" He asked his son. "Because I offered to clean his overcoat for him since blood got on it!" I replied. Morgan again nodded.

Chrom picked up Morgan's overcoat which he had dropped after Chrom walked in. He inspected it, luckily noticing the blood. He hesitantly nodded. "Alright... I believe you... But, (y/n), you shouldn't be in the men's bathing tent, anyway." He said. "Now both of you, go." Chrom said. Morgan and I quickly nodded and ran out of the tent. "That was..." I started. "Awkward..." Morgan finished. I nodded quietly. "It was kinda funny, though... Seeing father's reaction and all..." Morgan said, a small smile finding its way to his lips. "Heh... Yeah, I guess so..." I agreed, wearing a matching smile. "You know..." Morgan said, softly. "I'm kinda glad that mother wasn't there to train with you today..." He finished, looking away. I tilted my head. "Hmm? Why?" I asked. Morgan quickly smiled at me. "Oh, no reason." He replied. "Anyway, I've gotta go!" He said. "I'll see you later!" And with that, he ran off.

Over the next few weeks, I didn't see Morgan that much. I mean, I saw him occaisionally, but we never got to talk much. It upset me a little, even though before that awkward day we had never really spoken much. I sighed. Robin and I had trained together like we normally did every day. Until one day, when she was busy with a meeting. Just out of curiosity, I went to the training area to see if Morgan was there again. When I got there, I have to say, I was pretty surprised...

"Oh, how will I tell her...? Come on, Morgan... You can do this!" Morgan said, talking to himself. He then cleared his throat. "(Y/n)... I know that we haven't really spoken much, but... Over the short time I've known you, I've fallen in love with you! I know, it's sudden... But..." He paused for a little while. My heart was pounding, and my cheeks turned pink. "Even before that day... That awkward day when father saw you trying to help me after I got hurt... Even before then, I've had these feelings. I saw how nice you were to everyone, even when they weren't nice to you... I saw how helpful and caring you were..." Another short pause. "I wanted so badly to talk to you, but... I was shy... And I'm not a shy person! I just... Get so flustered around you, and I'm afraid it'll show... Oh, (y/n)... I really just wanted to say that I love you, but I rambled on and on and... Oh, Morgan, she's not even here! Ugh!"

I couldn't help it. I giggled softly, causing the young future tactician to stiffen. He slowly turned around, his face cherry red. "(Y/n)..." He mumbled. I smiled as I walked to him, giving him and quick kiss on the cheek. "I heard it all, Morgan. It was very sweet." I said, blushing lightly. Morgan suddenly smiled. "Wait, so then, do you love me, back?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yes, Morgan. I love you, too." Morgan smiled and kissed me, to which I happily kissed back. We pulled away, smiling. "Together forever..." I said softly. Morgan smiled and nodded. "Together forever..."