Train With Me! (Lucina)

(Just letting you guys know, I made the reader a guy for this one. Anyone can read it, though. Gosh I haven't updated this in forever!)

Reader Point of View

"(Y/n), I would like you to meet my daughter, Lucina." The blue haired prince, Chrom, said. In front of him was a beautiful lady with long blue hair. I could tell just by looking at her that she was related to Chrom. "Hello, Lucina. It's nice to meet you." I said, smiling. She smiled back. "It's nice to meet you as well, (Y/n)." Lucina replied. "I'm guessing you're the amazing tactician everyone is talking about?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. "Yes, yes I am."

I remember the day I met Lucina like it was just yesterday. It wasn't a big, grand meeting, or an awkward meeting, but still. I remember it, because it was the day I fell in love. Of everybody in the camp, I fell in love with the captain's daughter. I couldn't let her know, though. How awkward would it be to marry my best friend's daughter? I can't even imagine what it would be like. I'll just have to keep my feelings hidden.

As I was walking through camp, I noticed Lucina trying to find someone to practice with. Apparently, she was pretty desperate. She was currently trying to get Yarne to help. "N-no! I don't wanna go extinct!" The taguel was shouting. "You won't go extinct! Please train with me! Nobody else will..." She said. I smiled and walked to her. "You never asked me." I said, getting her attention long enough for Yarne to run.

"Oh, hello, (y/n)." Lucina said, smiling at me. "You want to train with me?" She questioned. I nodded, smiling back. "I would love to." I replied. She smiled as we walked to a small clearing away from camp. "I'll never be as strong as you, (y/n)." She said. "But I at least want to be a worthy opponent to practice with." She added. I smiled and drew my sword, watching her do the same. "You'll be better than I am some day." I reassured her. She smiled. "You really think so?" She asked. I nodded with a smile. "Of course. Now, don't hold back! Come at me with all you've got!"

Bad choice of words

Lucina was a lot stronger than I thought she would be, and she landed a rather nasty blow to my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)!" Lucina apologized again, about the tenth time in the last two minutes. I wasn't complaining, though. It was nice to know she cared about me. I gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, Lucina. I'll be fine." I replied. Libra, who was taking care of my wound, nodded. "He's correct, Lucina." He reassured her. She smiled a bit. "That's good... I'm still so sorry..." I couldn't help but laugh lightly as I stood and walked to the young woman. I brushed her hair out of her face gently and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Her cheeks lit up.

"(y-y/n)!" Lucina exclaimed, her cheeks getting darker every couple seconds. I blushed lightly as well, smiling at her. "It means a lot to me that you care so much about me." I said, softly. She refused to meet my gaze, until I said what I said next. "I really care about you, and... I love you." Her eyes widened and she quickly looked up at me. "(Y/n), I... I'm sorry..." She said, quickly walking out of my tent. My eyes widened as I watched her go. I should have listened to myself and kept my feelings hidden.

For the next few days, Lucina avoided me as much as she could, but apparently I wasn't the only one to notice this. While I was eating my breakfast one day, Chrom walked to the table I was at and sat down next to me. "(Y/n), we need to talk. I want to know what happened between you and Lucina." He said, causing my face to turn red. "Chrom, I... I'm so sorry..." I started, telling him everything that went on. As he listened, a small smile formed on his lips. "So, you're in love with Lucina?" He questioned. I nodded slowly, rather embarrassed to be telling Chrom about this. He laughed lightly. "(Y/n), you're my best friend, and I trust you. I know you won't hurt Lucina, so I give you permission to ask her hand in marriage."

I blushed darker than before. "Chrom, Lucina doesn't-" "Oh, father! Do you truly mean that?" I heard someone say, turning around to see none other than Lucina. My eyes widened as I tried to think of what to say. Chrom solved that problem by speaking instead. "I overheard Lucina talking to herself a while back. She said she loved you, but she was afraid to let you know because you and I are best friends." He explained. I looked at Lucina and put my hand in my pocket. "(Y/n), what are you doing...?" Lucina asked. I smiled softly, kneeling down on one knee. "Lucina, would you please marry me...?" I asked, opening my hand to reveal a ring. She blushed and looked at Chrom, who simply smiled and nodded. "Yes... Yes, (y/n)!" She said as I stood up. "I love you, (y/n)..." I smiled and kissed her. "I love you, too, Lucina..."