Sweeter Than Sweets (Gaius)

Reader Point of View

"Gaius..." I said in a warning voice. He jumped a bit and turned to look at me. "B-Bubbles!?" He stuttered. I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop stealing Ricken's candy?" I asked. He rolled his eyes. "I'm a thief. Stealing is what I do. Besides, it's only candy. Just a little bit, please~?" He pleaded. I shook my head. "If you want candy, go buy yourself some." I told him, walking out of the tent. When I was out of his hearing range, I mumbled to myself. "Just because I like you, doesn't mean I'll just allow you to steal from anyone..." "Ahh, so there's someone you like, is there? Nya ha!" I heard someone say, causing me to jump. Henry. I know that voice from anywhere.

I turned to the Dark Mage with a light blush on my face. "H-how long have you been standing there!?" I questioned. "Long enough to know that you're in love with a certain candy thief~! Nya ha!" He teased. "Have ya told him yet?" He asked. I looked away. "No. And I don't plan to. He doesn't like me back." Henry poked my cheek. "What if I cast a hex that will make him fall head over heals for you?" He offered. I shook my head and gently pushed his hand away. "No, thanks. I'd rather you not." I declined. "But you had better promise me that you won't tell Gaius." "No problemo, (y/n)!"

I sighed, embarrassed that Henry had found about about my little secret. I walked to a large tree and sat down, leaning against it. "It's a beautiful day... The sun is shining... The birds are singing... The grass and trees are green... Flowers are blooming everywhere..." I took a deep breath and smiled, closing my eyes. This always seemed to calm me down. "It is pretty sweet, isn't it?" My eyes snapped open. "G-Gaius!?" I blushed, looking up at him. He nodded. "Yeah. Sorry to scare you, Bubbles." He apologized. "Anyway, there's something I need to tell you." He started to pull something out of his bag, but suddenly stopped. "Actually, it can wait..." He said, turning to walk away.

I tilted my head, watching him walk away. Now I was curious. What is he hiding? I mean, other than candy, of course. I stood up and started quietly following him from a distance. Obviously I wasn't quiet enough, though. "Bubbles, my hearing is a lot better than you think..." I froze and blushed. "Why are you following me?" He walked to me. "U-Uhh... I was wondering what you were hiding from me... Did you steal Ricken's candy again?" He smirked slightly. "Would I tell you if I did~?" I glared lightly and pinched his cheeks. "I would hope so." I smirked. He took my hands and pulled them away. "Please, (Y/n)... It's not important..." He said and turned away. He called me (y/n)... Instead of Bubbles...

Looking down, I sighed. "Oh, Gaius... You can tell me anything..." I said to myself, quietly. I walked back to my tent and lied down on my bed. That's when the memories came rushing back, from many, many, years ago.

"Hey! That's mine!" I said, pouting. "No, it's mine now!" He unwrapped the candy bar and was about to take a bite. I sniffled and tears formed in my eyes. "Fine!! You're just a big meanie!!" I cried and ran away from him. I sat down next to a big tree and cried. "No fair... He stole my candy bar..." I sniffled, hiding my face in my knees. I was about to stand up and leave, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "G-girl...? I'm sorry..." I heard a voice say. I looked up to see the boy. "I didn't bite it or anything... Here..." He said, handing me my candy bar. "You're really pretty..." He said, looking away. "T-thank you..." I replied. "M-my name's (y/n)..." He looked at me. "I'm Gaius... And... I'm sorry... Do you want to be friends...?"

I laughed quietly at the memory... I still remember it clearly. Gaius was so cute when he was small... He still is, to be honest. I sighed. We met and became friends under weird circumstances, but still. "I wish we were... More..." I said out loud. I rolled over on my side, staring at the wall of the tent. Suddenly, I heard footsteps inside my tent. "Hey, Bubbles..." I sat up and looked at Gaius. "Hey, Gaius..." I replied. He smiled slightly and looked away. "I want to tell you what I couldn't earlier..." He walked to me and sat next to me. "I heard you talking to the Dark Mage..."

My face heated up. "W-what...?" He shook his head. "Let me finish. I was actually happy to hear that, but I didn't want to tell you. You know, my hearing is great. But..." He pulled out a ring. "I was hoping that you would accept this ring, and be my wife..." I blushed and smiled the brightest smile ever. "Oh, Gaius!! I never thought you would feel the same!!" I hugged him tightly and kissed him. He immediately kissed back and smiled. "So is that a yes?" I nodded and grinned. "Yes, Gaius." He smiled and put the ring on my finger. "I love you, Bubbles~" "And I love you too, Gaius."