Prepare Yourself (Ike)

(I know Ike isn't from these three games, but I made a few exceptions. So expect Marth and Roy as well! Also, let's just assume that if you get Ike, Mist comes along as well- I've never used the Outrealm Gate, so I don't know much about it!)

Reader Point of View!

It was always him. He was the reason I was always so distracted during meetings and such! I had a major crush on him, but he would never in a million years love me back. His name? Ike. Ever since Chrom had recruited Ike from the Outrealm, along with his sister Mist, I haven't been able concentrate on anything. All I wanted was to get close to him. But how could I? Ike was this great, amazing hero, and all I was was an ordinary myrmidon. Sure, I was also a tactician for none other than Prince Chrom, but I wasn't a legend.

I sighed as I walked through camp after yet another conversation with Frederick about how if I was going to be the tactician, I needed to pay attention and keep working on my tactics instead of daydreaming. If only he knew what was wrong. I walked to my tent which I now shared with Mist. Not expecting her to be in there yet, I flopped down on my bed and stared up at the top of my tent. "Oh, Ike..." I mumbled softly. I curled up in my blanket and sighed. "What about my brother?" I heard Mist ask, causing me to sit up quickly and blush deeply.

"M-Mist! When did you get in here!?" I squeaked out, my blush deepening even more. Mist became my best friend almost as soon as I met her, so liking her brother was even more awkward. She giggled quietly. "I've been in here longer than you have." She replied. "So, what about Ike?" She questioned. I looked away. "It's nothing..." I lied, causing her to stand and walk to my bed. She sat next to me, and I looked at her. She smirked lightly. "You like him, don't you?" She questioned. "..." I refused to answer, causing her to smile widely. "You do! You like Ike! I knew it! Oh, we'll be sisters-in-law! I can't wait!" She exclaimed, standing and bouncing. My eyes widened and I quickly stood to hush her, covering her mouth with my hand. "Mist, please!" I started, removing my hand. "I don't want him to know! He doesn't like me back, Mist. We've barely even spoken. He probably doesn't even know I exist..." I said, sadly.

Mist shook her head. "You don't know that! You should try to talk to him! I have an idea. Today during dinner, come sit with Ike and me! Please?" She said, smiling. I couldn't help but laugh lightly. "Alright, Mist." I said. "Thanks." She nodded, smiling. "You're welcome! Now, let's get ready! I'm going to do your hair." She said. I looked at her. "My... Hair...?" I asked. She nodded and smiled. "I want you to look nice for your date." I blushed deeply. "Mist, it's not a date. All I'm doing is sitting with the two of you during dinner." I said, sighing. She laughed lightly. "Just sit down!"

Mist did my hair in a (favorite hairstyle) and smiled. "Perfect. Now, a dress!" She said, causing my eyes to widen. "W-what...? Mist, please-" "I think this one looks nice!" She said, pulling out a simple (favorite color) dress with white butterflies. I admit, it looked nice, but she just happened to have a dress that's my size AND my favorite color? "Mist, you've been planning this for a while, haven't you...?" I asked. She just laughed and walked out so I could change.

"Alright, Mist... You can come in now..." I said, awkwardly. She walked in and smiled. "You look beautiful! I'm sure Ike will agree!" She said, taking my hand and rushing me out of the tent. I followed, stumbling occasionally while trying to keep up. As we reached our destination, several of the people who were talking stopped and looked at me, making me feel very awkward. "Mist... People are staring..." I said, quietly. She smiled. "Of course they are!" She said. "Including~" She started, motioning towards a certain blue-haired man. "Ike..." I finished, my face heating up. Mist took my hand and led me to him, sitting down. I sat down next to her, quietly. "Hey, Ike, it's alright if (y/n) sits with us tonight, right?" Mist asked. Ike nodded. "Of course." He said. "I know we haven't spoken much, but you seem like a nice young lady." He added, causing me to blush brightly. "Thank you." I said, smiling shyly.

After a while, Mist stood up. "I just remembered, I have something important I have to do!" She said, not giving us any time to ask questions before she ran off, leaving Ike and me alone. There was a long awkward silence, before Ike broke it. "You look lovely, (y/n)." He said, softly. My eyes widened a bit, not expecting him to say anything about my appearance. "Oh, t-thank you..." I said, looking away. "Mist did my hair and picked out my dress... She did a good job, though! At least, I think so..." I added. He nodded. "She did. (Favorite color) is a nice color on you." He complimented, causing me to blush lightly. "Thanks again." I once again thanked him. He nodded. "You're welcome. But why did you get dressed up in the first place? There isn't anything going on tonight, is there?" He asked. "Are you dressed up for a certain person in camp? I'm sure he wouldn't want to see you sitting with me, if that's the reason." He said. I swear a heard a bit of jealousy in his voice, but that was probably just my hopeful imagination. "Well, yes... There is a guy, but he doesn't like me back..." I replied, honestly.

Ike looked away. "Oh, I see... Then he doesn't know what he's missing... I can tell already that any man would be lucky to have you by their side." He said, causing me to blush. "Ike, I..." The man I love is-" "I'm back!" Mist said, sitting back down between us. I sighed, stopping my confession. It was probably a good thing, though. I most likely would have regretted telling Ike how I feel about him. "Mist, (y/n) and were in the middle of a conversation. Please, be more polite." He said, looking at her. She nodded. "I'm sorry, Ike..." She quickly glanced at me, a hint of a smile showing. "I'll go sit by Lissa and Sumia so that you can talk~" She said, walking to the other girls.

I blushed. Mist had planned this whole thing. I could tell. "I'm sorry about Mist." Ike apologized. I shook my head. "It's fine!" I assured him, smiling a bit. He returned the small smile. "Now, who is it that you are in love with?" He asked. "You never finished your sentence." He added, causing me to blush. "Well... I haven't known him for very long, and we haven't really spoken to each other much... But, I love everything about him! Everything! His patience, his strength, his confidence, his kindness, every-" I cut off my sentence when Ike put his hand on my cheek. He leaned in slowly, waiting to see my reaction. I closed the gap slowly, kissing the hero, who actually kissed back. When we pulled away, his face was dusted a light red. I'm sure mine was bright pink, but I didn't care. "Ike, I... Oh, I love you!" I said, hugging him tightly. He chuckled softly and hugged back. "I love you, too, (y/n)... I love you, too..."