♟EIGHT♟

TEQUILA

TEQUILA

𝔴𝔢𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔤𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔶

"Thank you, Mrs. Forman," I smile as I snatch yet another cookie from a plate on her kitchen counter.

I skip down the stairs to the basement and plop myself onto the lawn chair. 

Eric saunters into the room behind Jackie.

"So, Eric," she beams. "What were you and Donna taking all hot and heavy about?"

"Your hair."

"Really?"

"No! We're going out to dinner tonight for Valentine's Day."

Hyde juts out his bottom lip in mock confusion, although he knows exactly what's going on. "Uh, no, no, no. Donna and I are going to the library to study tomorrow night."

Jackie rolls her eyes. "On Valentine's Day? Who studies on Valentine's Day?"

"Who studies at all?" I snicker.

He sends me a look. "I didn't know it was Valentine's Day when I made the date! To study."

"Well, I'm sure she just forgot about you," Eric reassures sarcastically.

"We just talked about it a minute ago!"

"Women, you know?" the boy laughs nervously. "Anyway, I'm going to give Donna my class ring."

Jackie gasps. I can almost hear her saying "How romantic!" in my head.

"I figure it's time to make it official. I mean, she's just been waiting for any jerk to swoop down on her!"

"And you're that jerk," Hyde grumbles.

"Well, better me than some other jerk."

Fez laughs incredulously. "Why are you looking at me? Hyde is the other jerk."

I cover my mouth to prevent a fit giggles from coming out.

Steven glares at me. "Princess, let's go get some cookies."

I raise my eyebrows as he swoops around to drag me up the stairs.

"What do you want?" I huff.

"What is up with you today?"

"I had some tequila this morning!"

"Jesus," he hisses. "Listen, you've got to help me out with Donna."

"Why don't we go back to my house and we can talk it over?"

"C'mon, man, I'm not in the mood for joking."

I rest a hand on his forearm and he gives me a grossed-out look.

"I'm not kidding," I scoff. "I'd love to talk to you about Donna, but I don't want to do it in the Formans' kitchen."