♛FIFTY-EIGHT♛

BEAST OF BURDEN

BEAST OF BURDEN

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰

I sit on the floor between Steven's legs, fiddling with a yo-yo that Kelso somehow broke. Eric has finally gotten out of bed, and he's playing cards with the boy above me.

The door swings open and Donna struts in, holding some vinyls in her arms.

"Wow, Donna, you look great!" Jackie compliments. "What could it be?" She gasps dramatically. "Oh, I know! You lost eighty pounds of ugly fat! Ha! Burn, Eric, burn."

I don't think Jackie understands that Donna has moved on from the stage of being angry to the stage of just being upset. I mean, sure, we ranted with her for a while after they broke up, but she can only rant for so much before she realizes that she just misses him.

"Okay, first of all," Eric retorts. "I weigh a hundred and thirty- I mean, forty... nine pounds."

"Yeah, you look good, too, Eric," Fez chimes. "You lost... your one true love, so... looking good."

Donna clears her throat. "Uh, Eric, I found these records of yours, and I thought you might want them back."

"Ah, the unpleasant exchange of possessions after the horrific breakup," Steven grins. "Awkward for them, entertaining for us."

Michael nearly trips over me on his way to the T.V. "Alright, shut up. Don Kirshner's starting."

"Oh, right, Paul McCartney and Wings are on tonight!" I beam, shifting onto Steven's lap since Michael has so kindly decided that sitting directly in front of me is a smart idea.

Everyone quiets down as With A Little Luck starts playing. I try to ignore Eric antsily standing around behind the couch. 

"Okay," he chuckles. His awkwardness is unnecessary, and the fact is that it's making everyone uncomfortable. "Okay, we're all here now."

"Wonderful observation, Mr. Holmes," I tease, not taking my eyes off from the screen.

"So..." he disregards me. "Donna, you're staying?"

She momentarily glances at him. "Okay."

"Well, what I meant to say was... Look, Donna, I don't think it's cool if you hang out here."

She, Jackie, and I furrow our eyebrows at him. "So... what, you're, like, kicking me out?" she frowns.

He doesn't answer, just staring at her as if she knows what he's thinking.

"Wow," she utters in disbelief. "Okay, then. Bye."

Jackie and I stand as she storms away. "What- no!" Jackie scoffs. "If you're kicking her out, then you're kicking me out!"