♜SIXTEEN♜

DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

𝔢𝔩𝔱𝔬𝔫 𝔧𝔬𝔥𝔫, 𝔨𝔦𝔨𝔦 𝔡𝔢𝔢

I stride into Eric's (and Hyde's) basement, furrowing my eyebrows when I observe the absence of my friends. My confusion deepens when I note that Steven is sitting by the coffee table, eating a sandwich, and studying.

I shut the door behind me guardedly. "What are you doing?"

He looks up from the book and shoots me a charming smile with a twinkle in his eye. "Why, I'm studying for my next math test."

I eye him warily as I take a seat on the couch. "What's up with you?"

His strange demeanor drops. "Man, I failed a test."

"And?"

"And Kitty found out. She told me she was really disappointed, and before I knew it, I told her that I would try harder."

I stifle a laugh. "And how's that going for you?"

"Well, she gave me a cookie."

I shake my head fondly. "Where did everyone else go?"

"To go make out."

"Even Fez?"

"Nah, he went to watch Kelso and Jackie."

I glance at both exits to the basement and smirk at him. "Well, if everyone else is making out, maybe we should do it too."

He moves so that he's sitting next to me and offers a crooked grin. "Sounds good."

He brings a hand behind my head and pulls me in to kiss me. As I play with the hair at the nape of his neck, he gently lowers me onto the couch so that he's slightly above me.

His lips stray to my jawline, then to my neck, to my collarbone, and-

"Steven!"

We leap apart and assume our initial positions.

"So, x is equal to two minus three to the power of n," I blab as Kitty trots down the stairs with another cup of hot cocoa.

I pretend to notice her for the first time and turn, spreading a warm smile onto my face. "Oh, hello, Mrs. Forman. I was just helping Steven study."

She releases a sound that's somewhere between her signature nasal laugh and an "aww". "That is so cute! It's so nice that you two have such a good friendship!"

"It sure is!" Hyde gushes.

"Well, either way, I thought you'd like some cocoa with your sandwich. Oh! I need to get some for you, too, Anastasia! I'll be back!" she scuttles up the stairs.