♛FIFTY-FIVE♛

CAT SCRATCH FEVER

CAT SCRATCH FEVER

𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔫𝔲𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔱

"And we'll be back at three, four, and five for some more updates," I smile.

"Until then, keep on farming!" Donna giggles. "Did you like that? I just added it in."

"D, we're still on the air."

"Oh, crap-"

I laugh and press a button. "Okay, we're good."

A knock comes on the door and I open it. "Oh, hey, Eric."

"Hey," he nods. "Donna, are you ready to go?"

She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Uh, actually, Eric, I'm working until five today. We have to do the farmer's reports."

He frowns. "Well, can't Ana do it?"

"Max says we're better as a duo. Better ratings, you know?"

"Yeah, I get that, it's just... I thought we were going to the movies today. I just think this job is cutting into your Eric time. And that directly affects me. You know, I'm Eric."

Max walks in with some small slips of paper in his hand. "Hey, thanks for staying late again, girls. You know, you might just be able to turn this into a full-time gig."

"Hey, I'm her full-time gig!" Eric jokes, pulling Donna close by the waist.

"No offense, man, but you stink!"

"Yeah, Eric," I grimace. "I didn't want to say anything, but you're stinking up the office. Oh, did Fez slip a stink bomb into your pocket or something?"

"Damn, I didn't think of that," he mutters.

"Anyway, here are the tickets." Max hands me the slips of paper before walking out.

"Tickets?" Eric questions.

"Yeah," Donna grins, slinging an arm over my shoulder. "We've been working a lot lately and we wanted to make it up to you. So Ana managed to convince Max to hook us up with Ted Nugent tickets for everybody!"

"The Motorcity Madman?" he gushes. "No way! Oh, my disappointment is melting into a mixture of excitement and guilt!"

"Great! That's what I was going for." She gives him a quick kiss.

"Wait, but what do I do with the extra ticket?" he pouts.

I pat his cheek. "Go with Hyde."

"The girl behind us is wearing a Blue Öyster Cult shirt," I mumble into Steven's ear.

"So? They're good," he shrugs.