♜TWENTY♜

SHE LOVES YOU

SHE LOVES YOU

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔰

"Please?"

"Ana, no."

I pout up at James. "As a Halloween present?"

"You're amazing, but people don't get presents for each other on Halloween."

"So what the hell is trick-or-treating supposed to be?"

He cups my cheeks and peppers my face with kisses. After I'm done laughing and swatting him away, he responds, "I just don't think your friends will like me."

"They're very nice people. They like almost everyone."

"What about that guy from the brownie stand?"

I roll my eyes. "Hyde? Oh, he's harmless. He's just protective of our group."

He purses his lips. "Okay. If it makes you happy."

A small smile graces my lips. "Thank you."

I take him by the hand and lead him down the block to the Formans' basement. We've been dating for weeks now, and we decided to make it official. I haven't spoken much about James to the gang, though. Donna and Jackie know the basic details about him: his name, what we do together, and so on. Fez, Kelso, and Eric just know that I haven't been hanging out with them as much and speculate that there's a guy, although I'm sure Donna or Jackie have spilled it to someone.

As for Hyde, well... He knows as much as the rest of the guys plus the fact that I've been rejecting his offers to make out or get intimate.

I like James so much because he doesn't try to grope me every chance that he gets, unlike other boys. He respects me. And we haven't had sex once since we started dating. Of course, sex is great, but it's nice to just have someone care about me the way I care about them.

Either way, it has obviously taken some convincing to get him to let me introduce him to my friends. I swing the door open usher him in. Five pairs of eyes shoot up toward us curiously. The sixth, covered by a pair of sunglasses, glances at us and immediately fills with disdain.

"Hey, guys. Uh, this is James. My boyfriend," I present with a smile, taking in everyone's expressions.

We've been over Hyde's, and I avert my eyes from him to block his negativity. Donna and Jackie's faces are brightened by smirks as they eye James carefully, causing me to hold his hand tighter. The rest of the boys are quizzical, but not closed off.

Donna breaks the silence, much to my relief. "Cool. I'm Donna."

"I'm Jackie!" the other girl beams.