♜THIRTY-THREE♜

CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE YOU MINE

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔰

"How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?" Fez asks peppily as we lounge in the basement.

"My bet's on three hundred," I answer, combing Michael's hair to the side while he peeks through a Viewmaster.

"Let's see. One. Two. Ah, screw it."

I cringe slightly at the loud crunch that comes from beside me.

"Ow, my tooth! Why did I bite?"

Red's footsteps thunder down the stairs. "Eric!" he yells. "If you don't want to wear your ass for a hat, you'll get up here, pronto."

"You'd better go," Donna jokes, standing. "You know how that ass hat screws up your hair."

"Poor Forman, man," Hyde says, putting his own Viewmaster down. He glances at Kelso and me for a fleeting moment, and I can't decipher the expression that briefly flashes across his features.

"Having Red as his boss," he continues. "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy." He fits the toy back onto his face.

Fez sits on the back of the couch. "I would. Those suckers must pay!"

Jackie calmly walks in and Kelso scrambles off of my lap to face her. "Hey, Jackie." Ever since the whole beard incident, he's been trying even harder to get her back, and it's probably my fault. I nursed his ego by telling him that she liked the beard, I suppose.

She raises her eyebrows at him sassily. "Michael, why don't you save the sweet stuff for the next idiot who's dumb enough to date you?"

She pushes past him and is immediately stopped by Fez. "You know, Jackie, if you're in the market for a new lover, they say that once you go Fez, you never go back."

I purse my lips to prevent any giggles. 

"In my language, that rhymes."

"Okay," Jackie chuckles. "Where's Donna?"

"She's upstairs with Forman," Hyde answers in disinterest.

"Thanks." She retreats up the stairs. "And don't follow me, Michael! We've broken up and I mean it!"

"Oh, I wasn't!" he calls back. "It's a good thing we're broken up, because..." He flops down onto the couch and rests his head in my lap again. "Damn it, I miss her."

"Jeez, man, who wouldn't?" Steven sighs.

"Spare me the sarcasm, Hyde. I'm really hurting here, and I'm totally lonely."

"You've got Ana," he says with an almost untraceable amount of venom in his tone.

"Yeah, well, she won't make out with me so she doesn't count."