♜THIRTY-SIX♜

SUNNY

SUNNY

𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶 𝔪.

"Man, I can't believe Hyde got busted for possession," Eric sighs as he fiddles with an Etch-A-Sketch. "I mean, I always thought he'd get arrested for, like, armed robbery or pimping. You know, something cool."

I take a puff of the joint. "I can't believe he got busted. Hyde doesn't get caught for anything. Something else happened."

"Not everything's a mystery, Ana," Kelso chuckles. "Do you think he's anyone's girlfriend yet?"

"Kelso, he's been in jail for three hours," Fez scoffs. "Of course he's someone's girlfriend. He has very pretty eyes."

"Well, if he was someone's girlfriend," Eric giggles, "he'd look like this." He shows us his Etch-A-Sketch, which displays a poorly-drawn Hyde with a bow atop his head. Kelso grabs it from him.

"'Hey, Curly Q! Would you like to perform an unspeakable act on me, or would you prefer that I perform one on you?'" Kelso mocks. "'Well, they both sound good! Dealer's choice.'" 

He passes it to Fez. "You have done a terrible thing with a children's toy."

A warm presence appears behind me and snatches it out of Fez's hands. I squeak as I'm pulled into Hyde's lap. I know that I should be more annoyed, but the weed dulls my emotions and I can't stop myself from relaxing into his chest.

"Huh," he says, squinting at the Etch-A-Sketch. "Bet you didn't want me to see this, did you?"

Eric quickly grabs it and furiously shakes the drawing off. "Hey, welcome back, man! We were worried about... I'm sorry."

"Curly Q is a, uh," Kelso stutters, "term of endearment."

"So when do we meet your new fella?" Fez smirks.

Hyde glares at him.

"Alright, well, I'm going to go draw on this some more," Eric laughs. "Anyone else want to come? Not you, Hyde."

He, Fez, and Kelso exit the room.

"They had to leave us to clean up, didn't they?" I grumble as I put the joint out and help Hyde  reorganize the room.

Once we're done, we sit on the couch together. A thick layer of tension and discomfort spreads over us before I speak up.

"So, you got arrested, huh?"

"Yeah," he says flatly.

"For being caught with a bag of weed."

"Yeah."

I cross my arms and look at him pointedly. "And how exactly did you get caught?"

"A cop saw me with it."