♜SEVENTEEN♜

CARRY ON WAYWARD SON

𝔨𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔞𝔰

The ice pop that I'm eating gets increasingly smaller as I sit across Hyde's lap in the Formans' beloved basement. The other seats are taken, so I have to act as if I'm reluctant, but I honestly don't mind my position at all.

His arms create a circle around my waist, connected by the comic he's reading. With one hand holding my pop and the other on his left shoulder, I peer at the panels every so often to see what the occasional laugh is caused by.

"Michael, I want you to take me to the movies today," Jackie's voice rings, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'm way ahead of you, Jackie," her boyfriend replies. "Two o'clock, Smokey and the Bandit!"

"No. No, no, no. I told you. I don't want to see that again."

Donna turns to Eric, placing a hand onto his knee. "Do you want to see The Goodbye Girl?"

"Well, I would but it has two basic flaws," Eric chides. "No Smokey and no Bandit." He and Kelso high-five.

"Plus, isn't The Goodbye Girl, like, a girl movie?" Kelso sneers.

"You moron. A girl movie is a makeout movie," Hyde scoffs. He looks up at me with a shit-eating grin. "Princess, do you want to go see The Goodbye Girl with me?"

I roll my eyes. "Get bent."

"Well, I'm in!" Kelso chuckles.

"Me too. I will come and watch you. Maybe Anastasia will join me?" Fez states.

I glare at him. "What makes you two think I'd be interested?"

"We are sexy!"

"You keep telling yourself that."

"Okay. Fez, you are sexy. Fez, you are-"

The door swings open as Red and Kitty march in. "Okay," Kitty chimes, "T-minus one hour until the garage sale! Oh, I feel like an astronaut!"

As her husband returns to her with a box in his arms, Kitty reminisces, "Remember how Eric wanted these roller skates? Oh... the yo-yo! Oh! Your plastic vomit! I fell for that." She strides off.

"Yeah, you wasted a lot of my money," Red snarls.

"Me and my damn childhood," his son retorts sarcastically.

"You know, Mrs. Forman, I feel really bad," Hyde decides, not looking up from his comic. "I mean, you let me stay here and everything. I wish I had something to contribute to your garage sale."

"Oh, Steven," Kitty coos. "Your loving smile is contribution enough."

"No, it's not!" Red barks, tossing a box at me, probably not noticing that I'm on Steven's lap. "Run that upstairs."