♜FORTY-TWO♜

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER

𝔰𝔦𝔪𝔬𝔫 & 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔣𝔲𝔫𝔨𝔢𝔩

Eric rubs his hands together as he takes in the room. "Alright, Hyde! Your dad's apartment is the perfect place for a party. It's already trashed."

In all honesty, I haven't been looking forward to the night at Hyde's dad's place, especially with the events of the Veterans Day party, but I'm not missing out on a party with my friends just because of some drama.

"This party's going to rock!" Michael gushes. "Even if only half of the people we invited show up."

"Did you find the cups?" Jackie questions.

"Nope. Even better, a plastic tube and a funnel."

It's strange to me, how all of that drama happened and he still finds a way to be his usual giddy self, seemingly without trying. Hyde, on the other hand, hasn't said anything concerning Veterans Day. I don't know if I particularly like the silence.

"All this and a dirty funnel?" Fez chimes. "Merry Christmas to me."

"Yeah, and we don't even have to worry about germs, because even though our spit backs up in the tube," Mike grins, "the alcohol kills 'em."

"We're leaving," Donna sighs.

"So leaving," Jackie echoes.

"Wait, Donna, come on," Eric pleads.

"Sorry, Eric. See, when I was a little girl, I made a promise to myself. 'Self,' I said, 'if you're ever about to suck beer out of a funnel that might give you mono, don't. So, bye-bye."

I start to follow them.

"Aw, you too?" Eric whines.

"Yeah. I'll probably go home or something."

"But it's Christmas!"

"Which I don't celebrate."

"We need to have at least one girl here," Fez says. "We can't know for sure how many are going to come."

I sigh. "Fine. But only because it's you guys."

"Yes!" Eric cheers. "I'm going to nix the funnel on account of I think it repels women."

"Hey," the brunette snaps. "Any woman who doesn't appreciate a nice funnel isn't much of a woman."

"Kelso, that's not a nice funnel," I point out.

"What- Yes it is!"

"No it's-"

"Hey, guys," Bud interrupts, striding into the room. "What's with the keg?"