♛FIFTY-NINE♛

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔷𝔢𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔫

I push Steven onto my bed, climbing on top of him and kissing him fiercely. He grips my hips as I swiftly slide his shirt up over his head.

"Fuck- Ana," he interjects, pushing away from me slightly and chuckling. "Slow down."

I move my lips to his neck and pull him closer (if that's even possible). "I don't want to," I breathe.

He shakily exhales and kisses me softly, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. When I open my eyes, his blue ones are trained on me. I can see an ounce or two of concern in them.

"Princess, are you okay?" he murmurs.

I purse my lips. "Of course I am."

I'm not.

Ever since Nikolai made that... proposition, I've been leaning more towards going with him. I love Point Place and the people here. I can't imagine ever forgetting about them. But going to New York with him would make a lot of sense. I wouldn't have to worry about college, and it isn't like I have much of a future here. My parents would have another random house if they ever (for some reason) decided to visit Point Place. Plus, I'd be closer to my brother.

The thing that really scares me, though, is that I haven't told anyone about it yet. I haven't told Steven about it yet. I don't want him to freak out and think that I want to leave him, because I don't. Hell, if I could, I'd take him with me.

I trail a hand down his bare chest. "Don't worry about me."

He gently takes my wrist and lifts it back up to his shoulder. "I'm serious, Ana. You've been really... Well, you've been horny as fuck recently."

I raise my eyebrows and he quickly covers. "Not that I'm complaining! It's pretty hot, to be honest. But, seriously! I haven't seen you like this since... since you broke up with James. It's like you're past baking. That's pretty scary."

"Yeah, sorry," I laugh sheepishly, pulling back and rubbing the back of my neck. "I don't know, I guess I just..." I swallow. "I really love you, Steven."

He eyes me doubtfully, but decides not to push it. "Love you too, Princess. Just know that you can talk to me and all that shit if you want."

"Aw, are you getting all sappy?" I tease.

"Damn!" he jokes. "I am. What are you doing to me, woman?"

I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "Shut up."

The door of Max's office stares back at me as I stand in front of it at the radio station.