♜TWENTY-FIVE♜

VIENNA

VIENNA

𝔟𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔧𝔬𝔢𝔩

I lay awake in my bed, Hyde's arms wrapped around my bare waist as he snores softly into my shoulder. My eyes are trained on the wall while I think, What the fuck did I just do, and why did I do it?

Steven stirs behind me and I brace myself for his reaction to waking up next to me. A tired groan rumbles up from his chest, announcing his awakening. Under his breath, I hear him mutter, "Who is this?" before he leaps away.

"Jesus, Princess!" he yelps. "What did we do?"

I roll over onto my back, covering my face with my hands. "I don't know."

He runs a hand through his hair. "Shit, I'm so sorry," he rambles. "I don't know what I was thinking, I mean you have a boyfriend and-"

"James and I split up."

He stiffens, sitting back down on the bed as I slip his Aerosmith tee over my head. "What did he do to you?"

I comb my hair to the side and sigh casually. "Nothing. I just fucked up."

His eyes soften. "Oh. Do you want to talk about it?" he frowns before adding, "Or whatever."

"No, I just..." I lick my lips. "I need a distraction."

"Ana, are you sure this-"

"I'm sure," I mumble before climbing onto him and kissing him roughly.

He breaks us apart. "Princess, I'm... Oh, fuck it."

We enter the Formans' kitchen and everyone looks up curiously.

"Where have you guys been?" Eric frowns.

"I slept in," Steven shrugs.

Forman raises his eyebrows. "Hyde, you weren't home last night."

He easily covers with a cheeky grin. "Man, I totally got laid."

"Anastasia?" Donna queries.

"Baking," I sigh solemnly.

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah."

"Come on," she says, taking my hand and walking to the basement door, Jackie following us eagerly.

They sit me down onto the couch.

"So, what happened?" Jackie asks.

"James and I broke up."

She scoffs. "Anastasia, you're not being descriptive enough. Either he broke up with you or you broke up with him. You don't break up together."

I roll my eyes bitterly. "Sorry, let me rephrase for your convenience. James broke up with me."