♟ELEVEN♟

FREE BIRD

FREE BIRD

𝔩𝔶𝔫𝔶𝔯𝔡 𝔰𝔨𝔶𝔫𝔶𝔯𝔡

I stroll over to Donna's house with my garment bag and footwear in my hands and kick the door to knock. It swings open, and I'm welcomed in by the ginger and Jackie.

"I can't wait to show you guys my stuff," Donna gushes, ushering me into the kitchen. 

She shows off a pair of silver sandals with thick heels that give her about another inch of height. "These are the shoes I'm wearing to the prom."

"They're gorgeous!" I grin.

Jackie grabs them and examines them. "Oh my god! I was going to get new shoes... except Michael didn't ask me."

I truly felt bad for the girl. Of course, we get our own prom next year but it's nice to be able to go twice. Since we're sophomores, we can't go to the junior prom unless we're someone's plus-one. I'm going with Buddy Morgan so I can hang out with my friends and he can flirt with his crush, but Jackie refuses to let me set someone up with her. She has no problem getting boys, like me, but she tells me that she wants to wait until Kelso asks her. If he even does.

Donna ignores her and turns to the refrigerator that her outfit hangs on. "And you like my prom dress, right?" 

I peer over Jackie's shoulder and examine it. It's a long, violet dress with spaghetti straps and a free form. It will surely look stunning on her tall figure. 

"I love it," I assure her.

"Oh my god," Jackie sighs. "I was going to get a new prom dress... except Michael didn't ask me."

"I'm so nervous about the prom," the girl continues. "I think it's going to be the night that Eric and I... you know."

"Oh my gosh! That's when Michael and I were going to do it for the first time!"

"Jackie, you and Kelso did it, like, two months ago. And, like, thirty times after that."

"Yeah, but it would've been our first time at a prom. Except Michael didn't ask me."

"Jackie, you broke up with him."

"I know. Isn't it sad?"

I lay my items on a nearby chair. "Just ask him to take you," I scoff.

Her face contorts in repulsion. "God, no! This is the prom. It's no time for your stupid feminist crap."

Donna brushes it off. "Whatever. Show us your outfit, Anastasia."

I smile and exhibit my heels, which are black stilettos that have a slight shine to them and a lace-up front. After they compliment my choice, I reveal the dress.