The Hotel Room

I jerked awake when my alarm started screaming in my ear. I groaned and checked the time. It was half three. I needed to get up but I was so comfortable and warm I didn't want to. I checked my phone and I had a few messages from Finley.

I'm on my way to the airport! I'm excited to see you! X

Just checked in and got through security. I'll let you know when I'm on the plane! X

I'm on the plane now! I'll see you in a few hours. I can't wait x

The last one had been roughly two hours ago. I sat up slowly and turned on the lamp by my bed. I put my feet on the floor and stretched all my limbs. All I really wanted was to go back to bed, but then suddenly it struck me. In a few hours I would be seeing Finley! This would be the first time since we had started talking after comic con and I was so excited I thought I was going to explode. I was suddenly very awake and quickly got myself out of bed. I rushed to the bathroom and had a quick cold shower, being careful not to get my hair wet so I didn't have to blow dry it. I decided I would let Jamie sleep until I absolutely needed him to wake up. I pulled on the pair of jeans and the top Jamie and I had picked out the previous night. I slid my dressing gown on over the top to protect my clothes from any make up fallout and began prepping my skin.

Jamie walked in at around four and began doing my hair for me. I adored Jamie more than anyone. He had been such a rock this past year since I moved out of home for the first time. We had met at work and decided pretty quickly to move in together. It was one of the best decisions I had made in a long time. He always listened to me and tried to help me when my anxiety was taking over. I never knew how I was going to repay him for all that he did for me. Once he was done curling my hair he checked my make up.

"I think you're ready to go trouble." He beamed at me. I took a deep breath and smiled back.

"I'll wait downstairs for you. Thank you Hun you're a life saver!" I practically squealed.

"I'll only be ten minutes. I just need to do my hair and I'm good to go!" He disappeared from my room and I quickly tidied my make up away. I stood up and removed my dressing gown. I draped it over the back of my spinning chair and grabbed the bag Jamie and I had packed the night before. I walked downstairs into the hallway and grabbed my keys from the large glass bowl on the sideboard. I did one final check on my hair and make up when Jamie appeared. He was wearing his usual combat boots with skinny jeans and a checked shirt. He was holding a bottle of water and had a bag over his shoulder.

"Let's get going!" he said.

"Thanks for coming with me Jay. I'm so nervous about seeing him." I said.

"What was I gonna do? Miss an opportunity to meet Finley? Not a chance. Besides someone needs to make sure you don't completely embarrass yourself." He said jokingly. I shoved him gently and we stepped out of the door. I locked it behind me and we were good to go.

We arrived at the airport with ten minutes before Finley's plane touched down. Jamie had fallen asleep halfway through the journey and was resting his head against the passengers side window. I turned the car off and checked my phone. Nothing yet from Finley. I sent him a quick message that read:

I'm in the drop off/pick up area. It's the silver VW. You won't miss it. See you soon x

I sat and tried to calm down. I was shaking again, in the same way I had been at comic con a few weeks earlier. I couldn't believe Finley had decided he wanted to get to know me. I wondered what reason he could possibly have for wanting to be friends with some random fan he had met for half an hour. I mean I wasn't exactly special. I was just a normal, slightly clumsy woman who enjoyed a good comic book. Finley's face popped into my head. His cute little dimples. His perfect teeth that shined when he smiled and his eyes. Those beautiful green eyes. I sighed dreamily. I was interrupted when there were three sharp knocks on the passenger window. Jamie jumped out of his skin which in turn made me jump. I turned the car back on and wound down the window.