The Crack

Mum and Dad were finally arriving today, and I was picking them up from the airport after work. We were all going to celebrate the release of the third movie in the Exile Watch series. It was one of the highest grossing movies in box office history and I was so proud of Finley. He was exhausted from filming and had been cranky lately. I knew things would get better he was just under a lot of stress. My work day was hectic, but even with a full schedule the day felt like it dragged on for months. Finally it was time to head home. I was picking Finley up before we went to the airport. Fin had hired security to make sure my family and I didn't get mobbed at the airport. Mum had posted on Twitter that they were flying out to see me, so the paparazzi had been tipped off, and so had Finley's fans.

When I arrived home, I walked in the front door and was greeted by Finley. He embraced me excitedly and I hugged him back. I was shocked as he hadn't been this way with me for awhile.

"What time do we need to be there?" He asked.

"Hi babe, my day was good, thanks for asking." I said under my breath. "Half past six." I said shortly. Finley and I had been arguing over the past few days. He had been away from the house for months and since he had come back, a month prior, he had pretty much been doing nothing. I was getting tired of coming home from work, cleaning up after him, and cooking us a full meal. Then setting about washing our clothes and cleaning. It made my days so much longer and harder.

"Ok, I suppose I'll get dressed then." He mumbled. I had no idea what was going on with him, but I didn't have time to worry about it right this second. Jane had made sure to clean every inch of the house today and I was very grateful. It looked incredible and everything was in its place. Except for the kitchen. Finley had left his dishes in the sink from breakfast, and lunch. He had also left food out of the fridge, and not even bothered wiping any of the kitchen counters down.

"For God's sake Fin!" I said angrily as I began slamming pots and pans into the dishwasher. I didn't have time for this, but I wasn't leaving it for my parents to see either. So once again, I was furiously cleaning up after Finley.

"What?" He said coming into the kitchen with a scowl on his face. He stood and watched me, but didn't offer any help. That made my blood boil and I felt like a pan that was about to bubble over on the stove.

"Why haven't you cleaned this up? We've had this argument so many bloody times! How hard is it to put some plates into the freaking dishwasher?" I yelled. He pulled a face and leaned against the wall nonchalantly.

"I forgot." He said bluntly. He offered no further explanation and carried on watching me.

"What is your problem? You've been off for weeks! My parents are coming is it too much to ask for you to be helpful for a few days?" I shot him an angry glare, as I slammed the dishwasher shut. I turned it on and carried on cleaning.

"Oh I'm sorry. I suppose I'm not allowed to relax after months of fourteen hour days to keep a roof over our head, huh?" He drawled at me.

"Don't you dare bring money into this Fin. All of my money is sunk into food, bills, petrol, and looking after the cat. I pay as much as I can, you know that!" I responded angrily. He didn't react at all. Instead he turned around and walked off, presumably to get dressed. I finished putting food away, and quickly wiped down the counters. I checked around once more to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I checked my phone. It was already half past five and the airport was half an hour away with good traffic. I quickly changed out of my work clothes and into something presentable for a restaurant dinner. I practically shoved Finley out of the door who clearly wasn't in a rush to go anywhere, and got in the car.

We arrived at the airport ten minutes late and my parents were already waiting. Security was stood protecting them from some paparazzi and some fans waiting to meet Fin. I was so excited to see them, and to my shock Jamie was stood with them. I parked and jumped out of the car. I ran over and hugged the three of them. They all wrapped their arms around me, and I was nearly in tears.