The Beginning Of The End

Just a quick disclaimer thing, this chapter does contain reference to drugs/inferred drug use. So if that is a trigger for you please feel free to skip it!
_________________________________________________

Finley had all but ditched me at the party and I was sat on a soft fabric sofa on my own. I was sipping a vodka cranberry and watching everyone mingling and talking and I frowned. I thought tonight was going to be fun but instead I was left feeling, yet again, like I didn't belong in Finley's world. I saw two girls coming over and recognised them immediately. They were beauty guru's and were renowned for being rude and bitchy. One of them plonked down beside me and the other stood in front of me. I felt quite intimidated and my heart rate sped up, as adrenaline started pumping through my veins. I knew this wasn't going to be pleasant.

"Where's your boyfriend?" one of them sneered at me. I blinked up at her and shrugged trying to convince them I didn't care where he was.

"I dunno." I said, wanting to end the conversation quickly so I could get away from them.

"That's a shame. Last I heard he was flirting with some model somewhere. Who knows the worlds favourite couple might finally split up." The other said, an evil smirk tugging at the corner of her filler injected, over plumped lips. Their demeanour changed quickly, and they moved closer to me, I felt like I was almost boxed in, and claustrophobia was beginning to set in. I could smell the disgusting sweet scent of their perfumes mixing and filling my nostrils. It was nauseating.

"When are you going to realise you really don't belong here? I mean all you did was make a costume. I suppose though with a rack like that, it takes away from the problem area." She said as she pointed to my face. I raised an eyebrow. I had heard all of this so many times, it had much less affect on me than it used to.

"Yeah and I guess if he closes his eyes he can just about hold the vomit in and pretend he's actually sleeping with someone who deserves him, instead of some common bitch."

"Excuse me," I said calmly. I moved to get up but Jemma, who was sat next to me pulled me back down and whispered in my ear.

" I wouldn't go causing a scene. I've heard he's looking for a reason to get rid of his little leech anyway." I shoved her hand off of me, and looked between the two of them. My temper was bubbling up and I couldn't push it down any longer.

"are we done here? I have better things to do than listen to you two spit venom all night because you're sad and lonely. Oh and FYI even if Finley was single, he only goes after women who have some class, and respect themselves. It's clear from your outfits, and the amount of plastic in your faces that you two don't have either of those things." I said coldly. Just as I said this, Finley walked over and heard me.

" Hey, Claire, calm down. I don't think there's any need for that." He said with a raised eyebrow. "sorry girls, Claire can I borrow you?" He held his hand out and I took it reluctantly. Of course I was the one who was going to get in trouble. He practically dragged me to the main hall where there were no people and began scolding me.

"What the fuck was that?" He asked. His nostrils flared, and his eyebrows form a disapproving frown, framing his eyes. I looked a bit closer and noticed his pupils were the size of dinner plates. I shook it off,

"Fin before you start..." I began, he shook his head vigorously.

" I know things haven't been great between us, but please don't take it out on everyone else." He said harshly.

"Fin they were trying to get a shot at you! And telling me I didn't belong here." I said angrily. As I listened to myself I realised how pathetic it sounded. I shouldn't have let them get to me. A reaction is what they wanted.