Sleeping Arrangements

The rest of the day went by without an incident. Finley and I were like best friends again, he even helped me make a home made chilli for dinner. We were in the kitchen singing, and even dancing together. It felt wonderful, but there was still a slight undertone of awkward energy between us. By the time bed time rolled around I was exhausted. Sierra was sat on Finley, why did all the cats like him more than me? This had become an almost nightly routine for them. I was glad she loved him, although when I moved back home she was going to be unhappy with me.

"I'm gonna call it a night." Finley said. He yawned and stretched his arms above his head. I could see that he was slowly putting on muscle mass. His arms definitely looked more defined than they had a few weeks ago. I stood up and let out a big yawn.

"I think I'll do the same, Sierra come here!" I called to her. She slowly got up and stretched herself out fully. She slinked over to me and I stroked her head. She allowed me to pick her up. "Do you need a hand at all Finley?" I questioned, looking at him fussing with his crutches.

"Maybe. It's ok, you go ahead, I'll call you if I need you." He replied. I didn't need telling twice. I walked towards my room, with Sierra in my arms, purring loudly. I gently let her down onto the floor and pushed my door, almost closed. I wanted to be able to hear Fin if he called. I found the promise ring, on the floor where I had thrown it earlier. I picked it up and slid it back on. I began undressing. I took my oversized hoodie off, followed by my shorts. I stood in the mirror. I grabbed the slight bit of fat around my stomach and hips. I hadn't been working out recently and I was starting to get out of shape. I sighed and went to brush my teeth. That was something for future Claire to deal with. I was just finishing brushing when I heard Finley shouting my name. I grabbed my dressing gown and wrapped it around myself. I ran to Finley's room. He was sprawled out on the floor, and tangled awkwardly in his crutches.

"Are you ok Fin?!" I asked. I began untangling his limbs carefully from the metal. He huffed.

"I'm fine. Just you know, a bit tangled up. I tripped over something." I threw the crutches away from him, and helped him sit up. He grinned and thanked me.

"God you're almost as clumsy as me." I said with a smile.

"Ouch Claire, that was a low blow." He mocked. I shoved him lightly.

"Are you ok though Fin?" I grabbed the crutches and leaned across to put them by the side of his bed. Finley didn't respond and I looked at him. His face had taken on a slightly red tinge and he was staring down. I followed his gaze and realised what he was staring at. I quickly sat back and pulled my gown around me more tightly. He looked away and blushed harder.

"Sorry," He said. He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Don't worry Fin, it's not like you haven't seen it all before anyway!" I joked. He laughed awkwardly.

"I know. I didn't mean to stare... it's um," he paused for a second, "it's been awhile since, you know." I stopped and thought for a second. I smirked and replied,

"Well, let it motivate you to get better. Do your exercises, eat right and be a good patient, and maybe in a few weeks...." I trailed off and winked at him. He flushed red again.

"You know that's not what all of this is about though, right?" He said biting his lip.

"Of course I do Fin. I know you." I found myself saying something that I hadn't said in a long time, especially not to Finley, "I trust you." He looked shocked, and gently placed a hand on my cheek.

"I trust you too Claire." He smiled and continued "I mean how could I not? You're my lifeline at the moment. I would be lost without you. I guess I'm just lucky I have such a beautiful person, inside and out, in my life." It was my turn to blush. I looked into those sparkling eyes and found myself getting lost. For a moment I felt like I had found Finley again. The one I had fallen in love with. It felt like none of the bad things had happened and we were back at the beginning of our relationship. In the hotel room, or at my flat with Jamie.