Finley's Family

I had flown over to see Finley and to stay for a couple of days. It was kind of a trial run before we moved in together. Just to check I liked the house and that I would like living in America. Even though I had already said yes, I still had time to say no if I wasn't one hundred percent sure. Finley met me at the airport at five in the morning. It had been a long flight and I finally knew why he had been so tired every time he came to visit.

I got through security and got my bags pretty quickly which was unusual for me, but I was grateful. All I wanted to do was see Fin, give him a massive hug and sleep. I walked through the airport which was surprisingly busy. But I guessed a lot of people were on business trips. I made my way through the maze of an airport and out to the pick up area. I looked around but I couldn't see the car Finley said he would be driving. I pulled out my phone and started to send him a message when there was a loud honk to the right of me. I jumped and nearly dropped my phone. I looked up and sure enough. There was Finley in his black Tesla. I could see him visibly laughing and stuck my middle finger up at him. I walked over and he got out to help me with my suitcase.

"Awake now beautiful?" He asked as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"No. But I nearly wet myself. You scared the crap out of me." I responded. I looked up at him and he gave me a quick kiss.

"We better get going before anyone recognises me." He said smiling down at me fondly. I got into his car, and thanked God for the air con. The car smelled like it had just come from a showroom and I wondered how often Finley actually drove it. He got in beside me and pulled away. He placed his hand on my knee, and tapped along to the music absentmindedly. I looked out of the window and tried to pick things out in the low light of dawn.

"Did you manage to sleep much on the plane?" Finley asked me, interrupting my train of thought.

" I slept for an hour or two, but I gave up in the end and just watched the second Exile Watch on my phone. The guy next to me was snoring and it was unbearable." I said. He chuckled.

"I offered to buy you a first class ticket." He said.

"No I told you, you always paid to come and see me, I wanted to pay to come and see you. It's my fault for not saving up for the first class ticket. But I'm here now, and I'm so excited!" I said happily. " I better let Mum know I'm here safe. She was worried about me!" I said. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled her number, knowing it was going to cost a small fortune to ring her. It felt weird arriving at dawn, as I had left England at dawn. It was like travelling back in time. The phone stopped ringing, and my Mum answered

"Hello Sweetie!" She said sounding relieved. "Are you ok?" She asked. I put the phone on speaker and replied,

" I'm good Mum. I arrived safe, and I'm with Fin now."

"Hello Mrs. Wilson. I found your stray at the airport. When do you want to pick her up?" He joked. Mum laughed and I shoved him gently in the arm.

"Hello Fin! You can keep her if you want love. She's nothing but trouble!" Mum giggled.

"You're telling me Jo!" He said with a laugh.

"You're both horrible!" I interrupted. "The flight was alright Mum. There was a little bit of turbulence but I got here safe. I'll ring you later ok?" I said.

"No problem sweetheart, I'm glad you got there safe. I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get home!" She said excitedly. "Love you both stay safe! Make sure you take care of her please Finley!"

"Love you too Jo, and I promise she's in safe hands." I smiled and told Mum I loved her before hanging up.

"What do you wanna do first my little stray?" Finley asked with a cheeky smirk on his face.