Date Number One

An hour later all of us were ready and decided to head down to the lobby, separately of course. Jamie and I walked out together, after Finley had cleared the way. He was stood signing autographs and chatting to fans as we walked out. His burley security guards were stood either side of him, gently keeping everyone around six feet away to avoid Fin getting mobbed. We walked past him and jumped into the uber outside waiting for us. The driver pulled away and within ten minutes we were at the restaurant Finley had picked out. The neon red pizza sign blinked lazily in the window, and the smell of garlic, and herbs drifted into my nostrils. We opened the glass panel door and stepped into the small space. There were booths and tables crammed into the space, with white table cloths, and place settings hiding the table underneath. Jamie and I squeezed and snaked our way through the small gaps between the chairs. I stopped and gasped.

"Shit Jay." I mumbled

"What?" he asked "have you forgotten something?"

"Yes! I forgot to tell Finley I'm vegan." I responded. This was my worst nightmare.

"How did you manage that? You told me within like five minutes of meeting me!" he said jokily. He gave me a playful shove.

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically. " You didn't know until we moved in together. What if this place doesn't have any options for me?" Jamie looked around and managed to collar one of the smartly dressed waiters.

"Do you serve any vegan food?" he asked the short young look man. He pondered for a second and gave a small nod.

"We have a couple of vegetarian dishes on the menu and I think some of them are suitable for vegans! When you order ask the question and we will check with the chef." He said politely. His surprisingly deep voice was thickly laden with a Bristolian accent.

"Thank you!" Jamie said as the waiter walked away. " I can't believe you didn't tell him you muppet." Jamie giggled. We both began laughing as we thought about it more and before we knew it, Jamie and I were laughing like a pair of demented hyenas and couldn't even talk. Finley strolled through the door as me and Jamie had just finished laughing. As soon as we saw him, we burst out laughing again.

" Have I missed something?" He looked between us both. I was doubled over with my hand on my stomach and Jamie leaned against one of the rickety wooden chairs for support.

"No," Jamie said through laughter. "But she has." He pointed at me. With that we were at it again. Finley looked at me and I was nearly in tears. I furiously dabbed at my eyes to stop the tears ruining my make up. I took a deep breath to try and start talking.

" I.... forgot to tell you..... I'm vegan!" Jamie and I fell about laughing again. I was sure everyone thought we were mad but we had mocked my mistake so much we couldn't stop ourselves. Finley seemed to get the joke and started laughing too.

"Really? No way! I'm vegan too!" he blurted out excitedly. It was another thing we had in common and I was so relieved. I wasn't sure if I could deal with dating a non vegan ever again.

"So why did you book somewhere that might not be vegan?" Jamie looked bewildered as he stared at Finley. Fin rubbed the back of his head and screwed up his face.

"I just assumed you guys weren't and you'd want to eat meat." Finley explained " Come on let's get to our table." Finley squeezed past me. The scent of his cologne wafted up my nose, as I felt his body against mine. He was truly mesmerising. He asked the waiter Jamie had spoken to earlier, about the table whilst Jamie and I composed ourselves. We managed to get our laughter under control and joined Finley. We followed him into a small sectioned off area and sat at the large round table.