Curtain Call

Today was the day. Fin and I had been so busy with wedding preparations that we had almost forgotten we had this red carpet. We were frantically running around getting ready. We were running late and we still had tons to do. I pulled my gown on quickly. It matched my ring perfectly and I was so proud of Fin. He had sorted the dress for me and it fit like a glove. My hair was in a half up, half down style with beautiful flowers pinned into place.

"You almost ready gorgeous?" He asked as he quickly arranged his tie on his neck. I wolf whistled at him. His deep blue suit was tailored perfectly to his body, and he looked as gorgeous as ever. I tucked the elaborately folded pocket square into his jacket and helped him with his cufflinks. I slipped my gorgeous silver stilettos on and did one last check in the mirror. I took a deep breath and smiled. Tonight was going to go one of two ways. Either we were going to enjoy it, or it would be a total disaster.

"So what do you think?" I asked as I turned to Finley. He walked over and slowly snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. I placed my hands on his chest and began fiddling with his jacket.

"You're the most beautiful woman on the planet." He said looking down at me.

"And you, are the most handsome man. How on Earth did I end up with you?" I asked with a big grin on my face. "We had best get going or we're going to be late."

"Are Jay and Kyler here?" He asked.

"They're downstairs ready to go. They arrived when you were in the shower." I kissed him gently. He had managed to get Kyler and Jamie into the premier. Kyler was excited because it meant he could get some exposure. It was Fin's idea to try and break the ice between them. Not only that but Kyler was a phenomenal singer and it made sense for Fin to at least try and help him. We left our room and headed downstairs. I made sure Sierra was settled for the night and we all got into the car. I could tell Fin was apprehensive about leaving Hollywood, but he insisted it was the choice he wanted to make. I didn't mind either way, I was happy with where our lives were and I didn't care about the press. Fin and I would be old news in a few months.

We arrived at the event just in time. There were beautiful gowns in all colours flowing around us and hundreds of people waiting to go in. The car stopped and I sat waiting for my door to be opened. I could see people clearing off the red carpet for Finley. I could hear the paps shouting through the window and there was a flurry of dazzling flashes going off. All together it looked and sounded like a fast paced thunderstorm. My door swung open and I carefully got out of the car.

"Ready?" Finley asked, offering me his hand. I took it gently and we began strolling down the carpet. We stopped to pose for the paparazzi, who were all shouting our names loudly. Fin slid his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. It was all a huge show for these people and it felt like being an animal in a zoo being gawked at and photographed by strangers all day. He took some pictures with Jamie and Kyler too and he even picked me up like we were about to walk through the threshold. We started making our way further down the carpet and Kyler and Jamie were buzzing with excitement. We made our way into the entrance and Fin showed them to an area where they could wait for us. We still had to do some interviews. Finley was immediately poached by an interviewer and I stood beside him holding his hand.

"So we're here on the red carpet with Donnie Dubois himself! Thanks for joining us Finley, and Claire." She said. I smiled and so did Fin. He pulled me into his side and wrapped his arm protectively around my back, gently caressing me with his thumb. I placed one arm around his back and the other on his chest. It felt good to know that Fin and I were finally together for good. Last time I had walked a red carpet with him we had argued right before and it had spoiled the whole experience. "So this is the final installment of the Exile Watch movies! Are you excited to see it?" She asked.