Moving On

I figured it was about time I tried to move on and find someone new. I needed to get back out there and hiding in the house wasn't going to do me any favours. Neither was sitting around in gym clothes all day. It's not like I was even going to the gym. I decided I needed a girls night. Jamie was out on a date, but Ashleigh and Bella might be free.

Hey girlies are you both free tomorrow night? I feel like hitting the town and having a few drinks. Let me know if you're up for it! Xxx

I turned my crime documentary on and carried on watching, whilst digging into my alpro soya ice cream. This had pretty much been my life for the past few weeks outside of work and it was helping me numb my emotions. Of course working late was also helping but I had run out of things to work on today. Crime documentaries were the next best thing. I yawned and stretched thinking about how I should probably go to bed. The problem was it didn't feel like my bed. I had become so accustomed to falling asleep next to Fin, with Mr Boots at our feet that it felt weird going to bed without them. I gathered my blanket more tightly around myself and settled on the sofa. The door opened and I heard Jamie staggering in. It sounded like he had someone with him.

"Ssshhh!" He hissed loudly from the hall with a giggle. "I don't want to wake her up! She needs to sleep." Whoever he was with giggled too and I smiled.

"Not asleep Jay! Be as loud as you want!" I called. They both fell silent for a second, and then laughter came from the hall. Jamie had been seeing this guy for awhile and I was keen to meet him, but I knew he would introduce me when he was ready. He appeared in the doorway and leaned against it, swaying slightly.

"Claire Bear my best friend. I love you. How are you?" He slurred. I rolled my eyes affectionately and smiled.

"Not as drunk as you. I love you too Jay" I replied. He pulled a face at me and moved aside.

"I want you to meet someone actually hun. This," he grabbed his mysterious man's hand and pulled him into the room, "is Kyler. He's really shy but he's sweet when you get to know him." Kyler waved awkwardly. He was gorgeous. His hair was long on top and short on the sides. He had styled it lazily and it was a deep brown colour. He had deep brown eyes, like Jamie's, and a cute button nose. He was a lot shorter than Jay, but his face looked like it had been carved by the Greek Gods. I smiled and waved.

"Nice to meet you Kyler. So you're the mythical creature that has tempted Jamie out of the house every night this week?" I smirked slightly and his face and neck flushed with colour.

"Haha yeah. It's nice to meet you too Claire. Jamie has told me a lot about you. I was sorry to hear about... you know." He seemed so awkward, it was kind of adorable.

"I told you not to mention that." Jamie said nudging Kyler. I waved my hand dismissively.

"It's fine Jay, honestly I'm over it." I lied.

"The empty tub of ice cream, and the million crime documentaries you've watched say differently." He remarked sarcastically.

"Sorry I didn't mean to..." Kyler said.

"Ignore him Kyler. It's fine. Thank you. I really appreciate it." I said kindly. He nodded slightly.

"I was a big fan of his, but Jamie explained what happened and I won't be supporting him anymore." This man could not stop putting his foot in his mouth. To be fair, it felt like the most interesting thing about me had become my relationship with Finley. I was determined that was going to change. I had a good life before him, and I would have one again, after him.

"Kyler it's honestly ok. Support who you want. I don't mind. Fin is a talented actor and as far as I'm concerned there aren't any sides to take in it. Just two people who couldn't work out some issues." I said.