Shopping Spree

Finley and I had been engrossed in planning our wedding. We had invited around two hundred people and the big day was fast approaching. There were only a few things left to do, and buying my dress was one of them. I had decided I didn't want a really expensive dress and I had invited Jamie, Mum and Lola to come over. I had the owner of a boutique bringing some dresses in to the house to make sure no one captured a picture of me shopping for one. Finley had also been planning the outfits for our final red carpet appearance which was a week before our wedding. Since his announcement that he was quitting his acting career there had been a huge media presence in our life and I found myself back in old habits, reading negative comments. I was being ripped to shreds by Finley's fans and I was sick of the constant attack on my character.

"She's ruined Finley's life. He was perfectly happy being an actor before she came along!"

"I can't believe he would give up his career for that. She's not even pretty. He would have been much better off with Jen."

"God she is such a leech! I bet she told him he had to give up his career. It wouldn't surprise me. Her ex told the world how crazy she was!"

I had done my best to ignore it, but it was getting more difficult by the day. Their words weighed on me, like I had the weight and responsibility of Finley's life on my shoulders. Finley and I had almost argued about it several times, but luckily we had talked it out instead. He knew what he wanted to do next and I was going to support him fully. I opened the door to my Mum and Jay and smiled brightly at them.

"God, you look dreadful Claire Bear!" Jamie remarked. I nodded. I hadn't been sleeping well recently, mostly because I was stressed about getting everything ready in time for the wedding. We didn't have long left.

"Hello to you too Jay! I'm so glad you came!" He rolled his eyes and gave me a big hug.

"Hello baby girl! How are you?" Mum asked.

"Not too bad. Just stressed with everything going on at once. I'll be fine once it's all done and dusted!" I replied. Mum laughed and patted my back,

"That's such a positive way to look at your wedding sweetheart. Don't worry we'll get it all sorted!" Mum said. I sighed heavily.

"Yeah I know. I just can't wait to be married and settle down properly, you know? The death threats are driving me up the wall as well."

"Death threats?" Jamie and Mum said almost simultaneously. I rubbed my faced and huffed.

"Yeah. His fans seem to think it's my fault and they're all very emotional, so I'm the scapegoat. It doesn't matter how many times Fin explains, or tells them to stop they just keep coming thick and fast." I furrowed my brows. "It'll be alright though. I don't think any of them are going to act on it." I showed them through to the lounge where Lola was sitting. Finley appeared and grabbed his car keys. He tossed them up in the air and caught them.

"Right, I'm off to see the designer and I'll be back later. The fitting for the gown is tomorrow ok babe?" He said. He gave me a quick hug and a kiss. "What time am I allowed home again?" He asked.

"We'll be finished at four sweetheart. I'll make sure I'm ready for the fitting tomorrow. I won't eat any heavy carbs until it's over. Make sure their fabric colour matches the ring ok?" He nodded. He said goodbye to Lola, Mum and Jay and disappeared into the garage.

"Aw, bless him. He is such a sweetheart!" Mum gushed.

"I know. He's been so sweet Mum. Not like before, he's been helping me navigate all of this hate and Malcolm has been incredible too!" I was grateful I had two experts to help me.