Party Tricks

By the time we arrived at the party, my mood had improved drastically. Finley had more than made it up to me. He had told me how beautiful I looked, and how proud he was to have me with him on the red carpet. He had also promised that he would talk to Jen about her behaviour. He was convinced it was just her being protective. I wasn't. He jumped out of the car after thanking the driver, and opened my door for me. I stepped out and made sure I pulled the gown out of the car so it didn't get trapped.

"Do you wanna see the best thing about this gown?" Finley asked with a mischievous glint in his eye. I raised one eyebrow at him.

"Go on," I said skeptically. He span me around so my back was facing him, and began undoing something. I was nervous because it felt like he was undressing me. He placed a few kisses on my neck, which made my breath catch in my throat, and whispered,

"This is the closest I can get to undressing you, until we get home." He tugged something, and I thought he had ripped the gown. The red fabric started falling away from the dress and I watched in horror. Finley began gathering it up in his arms and I looked down. The gown had transformed into a strapless, mid thigh length cocktail dress. I gasped and looked at it.

"Oh my God Fin!" I said stunned. "You really thought of everything!" I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck. He slid his arms around my waist and picked me up off the ground. I kissed his face all over and left bright red lipstick everywhere my lips touched. He eventually put a hand on my cheek and made me kiss him properly. I leaned into it.

"You two need to get a room." Jen said, sounding disgusted, as she approached with a few others. Finley smiled into the kiss and I pulled away. He carefully put me back down and wiped his lips on the back of his hand. I began furiously wiping the lipstick on his face away and was secretly glad Jen had seen our private little moment. Maybe she would leave Finley alone now, and accept I was going to be in his life for a long time. I stood next to Fin and he had one arm still around my waist.

"Shall we head in?" He asked the group, I could see him blushing and realised just as I wasn't used to his world, he was still getting used to me being in it, and showing affection in front of his friends. I turned and Finley kept his arm around my shoulders as we walked. I could have sworn I heard Jen call me a slut as we walked, but I chose to ignore it. Finley handed the extra part of my dress to a security guard on the way in, and told him he would pick it up on the way out. A huge house had been rented by someone for the party and I couldn't wait. I thought Finley's five bedroom house was big, but this was something else. It had twelve rooms, eight bathrooms, an indoor and outdoor pool, and so many other crazy things I was struggling to take it all in. We were greeted with drinks again, and I realised there was a fully staffed bar in the house too. I looked at Fin, and he was just watching me. He leaned in and said,

"You're so adorable when you're excited." He kissed my cheek and I smiled at him. I tiptoed and whispered quietly in his ear,

"And you look sexy as hell in that suit. I can't wait to get you home." I winked at him and he smirked. He gently slapped my bum and I giggled. Jen shoved past me, and Fin began to say something but I stopped him. "Come on, let's go get a drink!" I said pulling him towards the bar. I wasn't going to let her ruin my good mood any more tonight.

The party was great. I had spoken to so many lovely people and I realised half of these people were just like me. Fin and I had been dancing together, and he could barely keep his hands off of me. We were both a little drunk, but not too sloppy. You never knew what kinds of pictures would get out. We were in the middle of the dance floor and I suddenly realised I needed the toilet desperately.

"Fin!" I said loudly over the music "stay here, I need the toilet!" He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I turned and headed towards one of the bathrooms. Somehow I got lost, and ended up in a part of the house I hadn't yet visited. It was a maze of corridors and I had no idea where I was going, or how to get back to where I had come from. I found myself in a large room, with the smell of chlorine filling my nose, and realised it was the indoor pool. I wasn't supposed to be in here. There were strict rules about which rooms we were permitted to use. I heard footsteps behind me and panicked. Was I about to get kicked out? I looked around, but there was nowhere to hide so I just stood awkwardly waiting to see who had followed me.