A Whole New Life

Jamie and I had returned from Italy into a media frenzy. Whilst I had been away I had started a new private Instagram under a false name to document my trip. It was mainly for my parents so they could see daily updates of what Jamie and I were doing. But I also had some other friends and family on there too. I had taken a selfie of us and put the caption:

New life, who dis?

As a joke. Someone had leaked it to the press which started the rumours of Finley and I breaking up. I didn't care because all my social media was private so they couldn't get any new dirt on me. To make matters worse the word had got out that Finley was in a treatment centre at the same time. I came off looking really bad in the situation and once again, I was the villain of Hollywood. Eventually Jamie had gotten so sick of the rumours he posted a picture of us together and put a lovely caption:

To my best friend, you are beautiful, smart and so talented. I am so proud of you for having the courage to get out of a toxic situation you found yourself in. I hope this time we spend together will serve as a way for us both to heal our hearts. I don't know anyone more deserving of love, peace and happiness than you. I'm glad we're back together and causing trouble. Thank you for being such a rock for me. I love you, I love you, I love you.

He had turned the comments off because he wasn't interested in what anyone had to say. I had thanked him for it at the time, but now we were back, I was once again being hounded by the paparazzi. Just when I thought I had gotten away from them. We were at my parents house and despite all the negative attention I was receiving, I was happy to be home. Italy had served its purpose. I had managed to find my happiness again, and I was more motivated than ever to live my life to the full. I came downstairs the morning after my trip, to the smell of Mum cooking breakfast. I sat at the breakfast bar and smiled.

"It's so good to have you home honey. The house has been so empty without you." Mum said.

"I'm glad to be home. Italy was so much fun, but nothing beats sleeping in a normal bed." I said. "Besides, I'm ready to sort my life out now. I even deleted Finley's number. So once I'm done with giving Mr Boots back, I can delete everything and be done with it all." I said with a grin.

"I'm so proud of you babe. What about a job?" She asked. I took a deep breath and licked my lips thinking of an answer.

"That's my next task. Once I've found a job, I should let you know that Jamie and I are gonna move in together!" I said excitedly. "It feels only right. I can start my life where I left off before I got so caught up in everything. You know?" Mum nodded and a huge smile spread across her face.

"I'm so happy for you. And it's so nice having my daughter back. For a second there I thought Finley was going to be your breaking point." She revealed to me. I gasped slightly. I had no idea Mum was worried about me like that.

" I did too Mum, but I'm stronger and better than that now." I said. She put down her spatula and hugged me over the counter top. I squeezed her tightly and inhaled her perfume. It was the same one she had been wearing for years and it always made me feel safe.

"I know you are." She kissed my cheek and served me some vegan sausages in a wrap. I began devouring it, like a hungry wolf who hadn't eaten in a month. Jamie and I hadn't eaten much the day before due to travelling and jet lag, and the giant crowd of leeches stood outside with cameras, so I was starving. "What are you doing today?" Mum asked.

"Well I'm gonna pick up Boots later. I'm sure he's never gonna speak to me again, but I've missed him like mad, and then Jay and I are gonna set up our laptops and do some job hunting this afternoon." I said through a mouthful of sausage.