Chapter 7

Percy was amused as she saw her usually kind mother glare at the God of thunder. What made it even more priceless was that even Thor had shrunken down under her frightful gaze.  She also took a moment to think why everyone except her were more upset about her arranged marriage.

"Lady Sally! Stories or your kindness echo in the halls of Asgard! Such a pleasure to meet you!" Thor boomed, trying to weasel his way out by complementing her. Unfortunately, Sally didn't buy it.
"Nice try, blondie, now what are your intentions with my daughter?" She questioned him. Straight to the point. It was good in way because then she would have ended up with a knife to his throat.

Just in that moment Paul came hearing his wife's angry words. He immediately rushed towards her and put his hand across her shoulders. Her previously tense body, visibly relaxed showing just how much of an impact he had on her. But poor Thor, the raging fire in her eyes still did not lessen.

Percy decided to take Paul into the kitchen to fill him in on what was happening. This way she could avoid hearing the conversation her fiancé had with her mother.

Sally looked expectantly toward the prince. Taking the hint, he spoke.
"Our relationship is not of love, but I promise to cherish your daughter for my life. I know she was forced into this and I promised will not to force her further to do something she does not want to do. I was not informed about this treaty until the last minute but I consider it an honor to marry your daughter, Mrs Blofis."

It was alarming how quickly the aura of the dainty woman changed. One moment she was glaring daggers at him and now a smile had overcome her face.
"I'm not happy that my daughter is not getting her fairy tail wedding but I am glad that you are the one she is marrying. Ever since she was born and opened her green eyes, I knew she was not going to have an easy life. She has done so much, seen so much, it's heartbreaking for a mother to see. The gods have just used her as a pawn and they continue to do so. Promise me that she will not play their games again. Promise me that she will have someone to listen to her. Promise me that you will be there for her, God of Thunder."
She was in tears at the end of her speech. The desperation and love she held in her eyes almost broke him.

"I promise, my lady."

***

Percy was sitting in her room, lost in her own thoughts. She felt so confused so torn.

She wanted to show that she was strong and no man could walk over her but the sweet, simple gestures Thor made, seemed to break her resolve. She wanted to show the gods that they could not force her but now she was willingly playing along. She wanted to show them that even in an arranged marriage she would be rebellious, but how could she when she was developing feelings for the person she was supposed to dislike?

Then came the part where she would become immortal. The thing she had been running from had caught up to her it seemed. Once she was officially married to Thor, she would become a Goddess. Immortal. Princess. Wife. All the things she never wanted to be, but alas, there was no way she could wriggle out of this mess.

She was forever going to be seen as a treaty. A prevention of war. A beacon of hope for many, except her.

A Bit DifferentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara