Chapter 23

A/n- 
I have combined two big chapters to make a gigantic one, as a treat for y'all for being so nice! Thank you so much for votes, comments and all the support you've given me! Hopefully I have met your expectations in the below chapter!
Thanks!

***

Everyone's eyes were on Thor but his eyes were on the beauty which stood before him. Everyone looked confused, but he looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. nervous yes, but clear minded. 

Everyone had stopped what they were doing and stopped to watch the pair of people on the stage, one who was a handsome superhero who was known worldwide and one who was a beautiful stranger.

Thor know he should be freaking out right now, but somehow he felt a sense of rightness, a sense of peace, that yes, they did belong together. He had not known the renowned heroine that long, but the few months he had had with her, made him fall hopelessly for her. 

He knew that they did not have a option. They had to marry, but given a choice, he would still want to be with her. Her laughs, her tears. Her long hair and her bright eyes. He wanted to see her everyday. 

And so he stood on the stage, trying to make it seem like they had a say in their life, but in all honesty, he believed it.

So he slowly took one of Persia's soft hand in his, and brought it to his lips and gave it a feathery kiss. Still holding her hand, he swiftly knelt in front of her, the same way he had seen other Midgardians do. 

Seeing him in this position brought out many gasps from the crowd and eager looks, but it also seemed to bring his love to tears. Somehow she looked even more alluring as her eyes shone with a new light. A glow that contained warmth, happiness, a little sorrow, but mostly love

That was all he needed to slip his hand into his coat and bring out the ring he had been carrying when he first fell in love with her.

***flashback***

Percy was in the bathroom taking a shower. They had just finished a session of training which had left them all to sweaty which compelled everyone to take a nice relaxing bath. Percy was taking longer because apparently, long hair took a lot of time and affection. 

Thor was especially impatient because today, he had asked her on a date. They had gone to very few, considering that Percy now spent almost all her time at the avengers tower, either teaching them, or just hanging out with them.

He was very exited because this time it was Persia who had offered to plan the date, and he was jumping with excitement and curiosity. All she had told him was to be ready at 5 in the evening and to dress casual.

So there he was dressed in a grey hoodie and jeans, his long hair tied up in what Persia called a 'man-bun'. He was impatiently waiting for her to come so that he could find out what she had in mind. Finally Persia came, looking as radiant as ever, wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a maroon blouse with her hair pilled on top in the form of a bun.

She had told him to meet her at the roof for a reason which baffled his teammates, but not Thor. He did have an inkling about why she had called him there. He was proved correct when he heard her sharp whistle, calling her faithful friend.

Within a few minutes a black shape was visible, which soon turned into the majestic Pegasus. Thor had obviously heard of Blackjack, but seeing him in person was quite the experience. 

The stallion was beautiful, with his rare raven black coat, and luscious, thick mane, but what made him even more special were his gigantic wings which he folded immediately when he landed to allow him better access to Percy, who was being fondly nuzzled by the huge creature.

Percy too looked extremely happy to see her old friend and was softly conversing with him. Apparently, Blackjack though that Thor was a threat and offered to run him over. Thankfully, Percy denied him the pleasure and instead introduced them 

With a bit of subtle flattery and a few sugar cubes, Thor had managed to win the horse over which was a relief to him, expecting the massive beast to not accept him.

Upon Persia's insistence, they both climbed onto the stallion and traveled to their destination, which was an ice-cream shop. He honestly wasn't surprised to see where she had brought them. It was exactly what Percy would do, through and through.

Percy had then dragged him inside where she quickly got into line and ordered herself her regular, blueberry ice-cream, while he preferred to have a plain vanilla. Taking their ice-creams into hand, they went to a near-by garden and sat under a tree, just enjoying the weather and each other's company.

Percy was continuously talking, spinning tales out of nothing, make the simplest of incidents amusing and then, laughing at them herself. He honestly was just happy to listen to her as she went on and on, drinking in her beauty and warmth.

Sitting next to her, watching her laugh and try to eat her ice-cream before it began to melt, was when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He loved her. He loved everything about her. Her laugh, her hair, the little warm spark in her eye she got when she talked to a child. Every little thing.

***flashback ends***

***

He did not say anything. He did not want to ruin their moment with a few sappy lies or cheesy lines. No words came out from his mouth, but his eyes spoke louder. A quiet understanding passed between the two forced lovers.

He opened the tiny box, his large hands fumbling with the lock as he gently held the delicate ring. It was a simple ring, with a small diamond surrounded with even more tiny ones, make light dance when it hit it. He chose it because it was just like her. Simple, but gorgeous, in and out.

He posed the question to her with his eyes, and held her hand, waiting patiently for her answer. He was willing to wait for eternity if he had a choice, but alas it was not so.

But he was still elated as he got a tearful nod from the heroine and slipped the ring on her delicate hand and brought it to his lips. Instead of kissing her hand, he kissed the ring resting on her hand, as if to signify that he wanted this. 

Once he got up from his kneeling position, Persia embraced the huge man, hugging him tightly, thanking him for everything. And at that moment, they didn't seem like two forced lovers.

They seemed like two people in love.