Chapter 12

Persia P.O.V

Thor had gone and joined the avengers in the living room. I was still standing where he left me, the ghost of his lips still haunting me. No man had every come this close to me and managed to leave unscathed. I usually gave him a nice threat and if he didn't listen then a sweet punch or kick would be enough, but somehow I couldn't hurt Thor.

I regained my wits, unwilling to let my dignity slip more had it already had. I followed him to where he was explaining our situation. There was a lot of arm-waving and wide eyes all over the room as he told them our story.

We had mutually decided not to tell them that it was a godly arranged marriage, instead weaving a story which told them that we met at the empire state building, and went on a few dates, and got engaged. which were all true, just not in the right order.

"How long have you been, ah, courting each other?" Tony inquired, baffled to know that one of his team mates were engaged. 

"For a year." I said, lying this time, and also announcing my presence in the room. All of them jumped save for Natasha and Clint. I was surprised. Shouldn't they be more attentive of their surroundings? I walked right next to Thor who wrapped an arm across my waist. I had to let him, because we had to act like a real couple now, since we told them that we were in love.

With his eyes on Thor's hand on my waist, Steve asked, "When is the wedding?" 

"In a few months" Thor mumbled, being as vague as possible without making them suspicious. 

I guess the avengers were used to these kind of situations because no one made any comment. I could relate. After all the wars and quests, nothing really surprised me anymore and I figured that even they faced the same.

After just a bit of awkward silence, tony piped up, "So, Thor how did you manage to snag such a beauty?" He them wriggled his eyebrows for more effect.

Unfortunately for him, he received a punch from me and a deep glare from Thor. That also earned a few chuckles from the rest of the avenger and a whine from the philanthropist.

A breath I didn't know I was holding left me. I didn't realize that I was unconsciously waiting for approval from Thor's family. I wasn't ashamed to admit it, but it still embarrassed me. 

I could face titans and giants, but was anxious for a group of so-called superheroes. What would Annabeth say? Oh, gods Annabeth! She was still in the holding cells!

Interrupting the cheerful banter, I quickly pulled on hor's arm to gain his attention and quickly whispered the situation in his ear.

Seeing his face drain of color would have been amusing in other settings, but knowing the intensity of the grey storm ahead, kept me from commenting, in fact I was sure that my face mirrored his.

"Tony, where is Annabeth kept? We need to go there, and fast."