Chapter 47

Apologies for the wait, dear readers. Enjoy.

***

Thor stood in front of her door, his hand hovering over, afraid to knock. The raging hunger inside him, the desire to see her had forced him to come here, but he didn't know what he was going to do beyond that.

After Loki had coerced him into cleaning up himself and slapped some sense into him, Thor's feet had involuntarily traced the steps which were as familiar as the back of his hand. In a drunken haze, he he found his way to Persia Jackson's door in the middle of the night.

It was not a good time, he knew that. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what he was going to do, and the fact that it was past midnight was discouraging enough. But still he rested his hand on the heavy doors and knocked. 

And then he began to freak out. 

He heard a swish and a thud, and judging by the little tip which peeked out, inches before his nose, he was sure that a dagger had just been thrown at him. That was when he truly appreciated the heavy wood doors. He was just going to thank them when they swung open and shoved him face forward into something he was not prepared for. 

He was standing nose-to-nose to a very cute Percy.

She had been very obviously asleep. She had pillow creases on one of her cheeks and her hair was pilled on on side of her face, the tangled black hair hiding half of her face. She was in a tank top and shorts, the only time she could wear Midgardian clothes. Her eyes were half lidded and circled with darkness as she ran a hand down them.

He immediately stumbled back a step, his nervous energy causing sparks to erupt at his finger tips. He shoved them behind his back, willing the static to be gone. Suddenly the marble seemed to look very interesting. Anything was better than to see her most probably angry face.

He slapped himself mentally. He was sure he was going to be slapped in real life as well. He fumbled with his hands behind his back, wringing them anxiously. Why did his brain think it was a good idea to come here in the middle of the night? He should have come the next day, with flowers! Or chocolate! He had heard that Midgardian girls like chocolate.

"You might as well come in then." Percy mumbled, her word slurred with sleep. Even though she could throw a dagger and impale anyone who dared to enter her room, it was mostly her instincts. She was a heavy sleeper and waking her was hard unless there was mortal danger. It made him proud to know that. Every little snippet of her life was precious.

She turned and walked back in her room, stopping a moment to pull out her dagger which was almost hilt-deep in the door. In a swift motion she had it out and sheathed and back to her bedside, ready for another intruder. Its bronze glinted in the moon light as if it were disappointed that there were doors in between them. 

He shuddered. Even her weapons scared him.

Persia had moved to the couch in her room and had sprawled over it, her long legs thrown over one of the arm rests and her body twisted like a snakes. But she looked comfortable. She motioned for him to sit opposite to her, her usual grace replaced with tired clumsiness. 

He sat rigid, his body refusing to relax in her presence. Spine straight, shoulders back and legs together. In an effort to appear casual he tried leaning back, but in the end he looked even more awkward. As he struggled with what he should do with his hands, he heard a chuckle, and for once he was glad someone was laughing at him.