Chapter 28

A/N- A little treat for all of you! I had a bit of free time, so I went ahead to write this, and voila! It turned into a full-fledged chapter.
 Also I just wanted to say that this book will not have a cliche plot with a villain who wanted to take over the world and the love of Thor and Percy saved the day, yada, yada,  yada. Nope! This book will have interesting stuff, yes, but overall, it will be a simple book which portrays that even though you are a strong, independent person, you need a hand to pick you up, a shoulder to cry on, a person to hug you when you have a bad day.
Thanks! 

***

It was movie night. Yes, movie night, where all the superheroes of the world, who had saved the world,  come together, and watch movies. It should have been bizarre for anyone to know this, but Percy was not surprised. After all, the fate of the world was discussed at a ping-pong table with cheese. So why not movie night?

Of course what did surprise her was that, the Avengers preferred rom-coms. All of them. Even Thor, even Tony, even Natasha. But wisely she did not say anything. Then she realized that the Avengers were at a level of trust where they could be completely themselves, without being ashamed of anything. It completely warmed her heart.

They all were gathered in the theater room, which had a huge screen, not quite the size tv, nor a film screen, but was something in between, perfect for their group. All of them were in the cliche movie night gear, with pj's and popcorn, and pillows scattered everywhere. 

All of them  were gathered on low couches, beanbags and on thick blankets of the floor, using pillows (and sometimes each other) to prop themselves up, nice and comfortable. Natasha was using Clint as a pillow, his protests muffles by a pillow thrown on his face. She was using one of his legs to rest her head, and in turn, Hawk-eyes was stealing her warm popcorn. The rest were in similar states, stealing food, throwing pillows, getting smacked.

As for Percy, she was snuggled next to Thor, who was enjoying every moment of the beauty's warmth. Ever since she had given Hestia Elpis, she suspected that Hestia had blessed her when she had shown her the vision of Luke's mother. Her body temperature had always been a bit warmer, but not a uncomfortable warmth. A kind of warmth which made people want to sit closer to her, like the fire of the hearth.

She could not do more than that, but Annabeth thought that the warm spark in her eyes, and a slight aura change was also because of that, but when she asked Hestia, she simply said, "I did not do anything, child. It is all you. You have a natural comforting nature and it only grew when you refused godhood that day. I cannot tell you more, but remember, it was all you." After that Percy was left even more confused, but had learnt not to question  the gods, so she left it there, soon forgetting the conversation she had with Hestia.

But the warmth never left her, but somehow, even thought she radiated heat, she also felt cold, so thus, she was under layers of soft blankets and she cuddled the huge man, who was watching the movie with rapt attention. It was nice seeing him so relaxed, completely at ease with his family. So she decided to enjoy it to the fullest. She then fidgeted with her ring which was a habit she had developed, feeling content and turned her attention back to the movie, feeling right at home.

***

At Asgard, King Odin was impatient. He wanted to meet his son's betrothed but he was taking too long to bring her here. Even though he himself had arranged the marriage, he really wanted to see for himself whether the savior of Olympus deserved all the praise. He also wanted her to participate in the bridal tests of Asgard, where the bride of any royal blood must participate in order to show their worth to their people and if they are suited to rule.

It was a series of simple combat, diplomatic and household tests, which would show the people of Asgard that she is worthy of being the Wife of the Prince and one of their rulers. He knew it would enrage the heroine since she was forced into  the marriage, but it was a sacred tradition. A tradition not to be broken.

He had waited for his son's message saying that they want permission to come, but it never came, so he took the liberty of sending his own 'urgent' message to the unsuspecting couple on Midgard. It had been months since they were promised to each other, and now she will have to prove to be worthy of the title of Princess of Asgard and Wife of Thor.

Too bad for him, he was going to get a mouthful of the raging seas, very, very soon.

***

Thank you @KittyP318for the suggestion of movie night, hope I have met your expectations, and hope that y'all like this chapter!